Suncoast Power Solutions Overview:
Suncoast Power Solutions is a private company that instals alternative power equipment in Tampa, Florida. The company was founded in 2010 and their small team of employees have 45 years of experience between them in the field. The company conducts business exclusively in the state of Florida. They have a projected revenue of around $450,000.
Suncoast Power Solutions cater to both residential and commercial clients and feature some additional services that most competitors don’t offer. They have a low average customer satisfaction rating of around 3.5/5 stars, judging by the reviews and testimonials featured on their own website, on independent review sites, and on the Better Business Bureau site.
Suncoast Power Solutions Services and Specifics:
Solar Panels and Services Offered by Suncoast Power Solutions:
Suncoast Power Solutions carry out the entire generator installation process themselves, using the expertise of their team and partnerships with alternative power product manufacturers to get the job done. They offer the following equipment and services:
Solar Panels: The company appear to not offer any solar panels to their customers on their website. Instead, they focus on installing solar-powered generators, but these generators require pre-installed solar panels to function.
However, one review from 2013 states the company did install solar panels for them, so it is possible that customers may be able to buy both the generator and the panels in one go.
Solar Generators: The generators on offer are by a company called Generac and can be installed for both commercial and residential customers. They are also available to rent for short term use.
Generac PWR Generator:
- The PWR Generator is powered by their PWR Cell battery that connects to solar panels and has a maximum power output of 9000W.
- It can store any excess energy to be used at night or during a power cut and has the potential to sell extra electricity to the main power grid.
- There are different sizes available to suit both residential and commercial clients.
- The generator is quiet and features minimal fossil fuel consumption, relying mostly on solar power.
- It has a 20-30-year life expectancy with regular maintenance.
Extra Services: Suncoast Power Solutions offer a whole host of services that are listed on their website:
- Pumps and Pressure Washers
- Alternative Power Vehicle Charging Stations
- Propane and Gas Services
- Solar Storage
- Remote Monitoring
Installation Costs and Process:
Suncoast Power Solutions Costs:
Suncoast Power Solutions do not advertise the cost of installation or equipment upfront. The only mention of cost on their website is the option to get an estimated quote. Reviews show that around 80% are happy with the long-term value for money, but one couple say that they had unexpected costs due to errors during installation.
There doesn’t appear to be any payment plans available, but the company do accept credit cards. They sell the Generac equipment themselves as a registered vendor, but it cannot be bought from their own website independently.
Suncoast Power Solutions Legitimacy:
Suncoast Power Solutions are a fairly legitimate company, as shown by the following accreditations:
- They are licensed and insured for all electrical work carried out within Florida state.
- Accredited by the BBB since December 2020 with an A+ rating.
- They are an official Generac equipment vendor.
- They also install equipment from multiple other companies including Honda, Guardian, Briggs and Stratton, and Centurion.
- They only have an average of 3.5 out of 5 stars according to the review database and have had a handful of resolved complaints in the last few years.
- They are not very transparent about costs or the background of the company as extra research is required.
Suncoast Power Solutions Maintenance:
Suncoast Power Solutions have their contact details and opening hours clearly listed on their website, so getting in touch with them should be fairly simple. Most reviewers state that they were satisfied with the services carried out and the level of customer service they provided. A minority had a bad experience with the company and would not recommend them to others.
The business seems to be flexible around their customer’s schedules and can book surveys and installations on an ad hoc basis. There are no warranties advertised on their website, however the Generac website says there is a 3-year warranty on residential generators and a 90-day warranty on commercial generators.
The SolarEmpower View:
In summary, Suncoast Power Solutions are a company that has an average reviewer rating and the necessary licenses and accreditations to make them legitimate. They offer services that aren’t available from competitors yet have no mention of solar panels on their website, meaning that customers may have to look elsewhere for a solar panel installation. There is value for money with a generator installation, with a return time of around 7 years.