Lighthouse Solar Overview
Lighthouse Solar is a full-service solar installation based in New Paltz, New York, and Austin, Texas. The company was founded in 2009 and has grown to become one of the most reputable solar companies throughout the country.
Lighthouse Solar is dedicated to using industry-leading expertise to help businesses find cost-effective and renewable energy solutions. In both the residential and commercial sectors, Lighthouse Solar provides custom-engineered solutions tailored to the exact needs and desires of its customers. All 47 of Lighthouse Solar’s customer reviews on Google Business Reviews are 5* reviews.
Lighthouse Solar Services and Specifics
Solar Panels and services offered by Lighthouse Solar
Lighthouse Solar handles the entire solar installation process, from custom system design through system commissioning. Its services include:
Solar Panels: Lighthouse Solar installs both roof-mounted and ground-mounted solar panels.
ChargePoint® Home: The company offers the ChargePoint Home system – a home charging station, that uses residential solar panel systems to charge vehicles.
Solar batteries: Lighthouse Solar offers solar batteries (solar plus storage) which store excess power and serve as a reliable source of backup energy during outages.
Lighthouse Solar’s service areas include Ulster County, Orange County, Dutchess County, Rockland County, Sullivan County, Greene County, and Colombia County.
Installation costs and processes
Lighthouse Solar Costs
Lighthouse Solar gives customers a fully detailed estimate that contains details such as how many solar panels are needed, the location of the panels, and the cost and length of the installation process. On its official website, Lighthouse Solar has claimed that it works with customers to meet their budgets.
The company has many financing options for customers which include:
- Solar Loans that range from 5 years to 20 years, which can be combined with zero down tax credit loans;
- The NYSERDA’S Green Jobs Green New York program which offers New York residents solar loans at reduced interest rates;
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing which greatly reduces total installation costs for commercial entities (though eligible only to certain organizations);
At Lighthouse Solar, there is a $0 down financing available for solar services and batteries. To make solar systems more affordable Lighthouse Solar provides a series of rebates for customers in Texas, including Austin Energy solar rebates such as the Performance-Based Incentive (PBI) and the Capacity-Based Incentive (CBI).
Lighthouse Solar Legitimacy
Lighthouse Solar is a legitimate company, and here are its accreditations:
- Lighthouse Solar is a BBB-accredited business.
- Lighthouse Solar is screened, approved, and top-rated by HomeAdvisor. The company is also connected to reputable brands including NextDoor, CPS Energy, and Austin Energy.
- Lighthouse Solar is transparent about its contact details, providing its phone number and social media handles on its official website for ease of contact. There is also a form that customers can fill out to ask any questions they may have.
- Out of 380 solar companies, Lighthouse Solar won NYSERDA’s “Excellence in Quality” award.
- The company is licensed as a master electrician. Lighthouse Solar’s other licenses include:
- Certified PV installation professional by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP);
- LG PRO Gold Installer;
- LG Chem Certified;
- Trina Solar Authorized Installer;
- Generac Certified Installer;
- Sonnen Battery Certified;
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) Certified Installer
- Enphase Premium Installer;
- SolarEdge Premium Installer.
- Lighthouse Solar has manufacturer partnerships with LG, Sungage Financial, Lumin, SunPower, and Enphase.
- The company achieved the NYSERDA Quality Solar Installer Gold Status in 2022.
- Lighthouse Solar is affiliated with the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
- Lighthouse Solar is headed by its Owner and Vice President, Mr. Jason Iahn.
With its accreditations, licenses, and partnerships, it is clear that Lighthouse Solar is a legitimate company.
Lighthouse Solar Maintenance
All Lighthouse Solar customers receive a 25-year limited lifetime warranty and a 30-year lifetime workmanship warranty which covers electrical work and roof penetrations.
Lighthouse Solar, on its official website, claims to put its clients above everything, and this has been reflected in customer reviews. These reviews have praised Lighthouse Solar’s customer services, classifying the company’s team as responsive, professional, efficient, and knowledgeable. Multiple reviews also expressed satisfaction with the solar installations.
This tells us that Lighthouse Solar delivers excellent maintenance services for its customers.
The SolarEmpower view
In a nutshell, Lighthouse Solar seems to offer stellar solar installation services of high quality. Judging by the customer reviews, the company has no doubt become a premier and reliable solar installer. Furthermore, in terms of costs, the company’s vast financing options have made Lighthouse Solar’s services more affordable for its customers.
Address: 4 Cherry Hill Rd, New Paltz, New York 12561, US