Ideal Energy Inc. aims to provide solar energy that’s both affordable and sustainable. They seem to be committed to providing innovative solar solutions to residential homes and businesses.
The company was established in 2009 as Iowa’s first solar company. An in-house design section and innovative financing make them market leaders in the Midwest solar industry. Their company refers to improving sustainability by providing renewable solar energy affordably.
Ideal Energy Inc. Services and Specifics
Solar Panels and Services Offered by Ideal Energy Inc.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
As a high-tech energy firm, they offer the following services:
- Custom solar solutions
- Battery storage
- Generation and AI-optimized software
Specific Types of Solar Offered
Customers can expect multiple solar options from Ideal Energy Inc. including:
- Solar energy: The company prides itself in providing affordable, scalable and reliable clean solar energy.
- Energy storage: Ideal Energy Inc. is a local leader in energy storage project development. The solutions on offer can lead to reducing energy costs and they provide emergency power. They also aim to create more effective microgrids. Their storage options seem to integrate with solar projects of any size.
- Renewable hydrogen: By joining forces with Iowa Economic Development Authority, the company commits to developing a path to a green hydrogen economy.
Installation Costs and Process
Ideal Energy Inc. has several financial options which they tailor to suit a customer’s specific solar goals and current financial needs. Their current financial options include:
- 0% Financing: With their 0% financing option, customers can expect a higher contract price. Essentially, the contract price includes interest payments which can be deducted by federal and state tax incentives. Potential customers are subject to a review of their finances for this option.
- Operating lease: Here customers rent the necessary solar equipment at a fixed price which is generally lower than current electrical and utility rates. Terms often run for 7 years after which the customers buy the solar installation at 15% of the original cost.
- Power purchase agreement: A PPA agreement enables customers to buy solar-generated electricity over a contract period, averaging 20 years. Customers will benefit from this option since the cost per kWh is locked in at the start of the contract and remains unchanged.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited Ideal Energy Inc. in 2014, so they’re definitely a legitimate company. Customer feedback across multiple platforms is positive and recommends the company’s services. Common references include ‘top-notch service’, knowledgeability of staff and finance options that customers find accommodating.
The Ideal Energy Inc. website advises potential customers that on-site inspections are done annually. These inspections include preventative maintenance and also feature remote monitoring. Should there be a problem, field technicians are dispatched to ensure that the whole solar system is running smoothly. This happens until the warranty period expires, which is two years after the initial maintenance plan for the customer’s particular solution.
Overall, customer service, maintenance programs and technical issues are resolved timeously, and customer responses indicate that the company is quite competent. Their Operations and Maintenances (O&M) teams seem to have considerable knowledge and skill regarding the technology and equipment.
Veteran-owned, Ideal Energy Inc. strives to provide local residents with a renewable energy source that not only works towards a sustainable future but also reduces costs. In addition to their solar program, their renewable hydrogen endeavor also seems to be successful.
With positive customer feedback and encouraging reports regarding Ideal Energy’s solar solutions, it’s clear that they’re worth consideration for customers in the Iowa area.
Address: 602 N 6th Street, Fairfield, IA 52556
Email: [email protected]