Hawaiian Solar is a small-sized, solar energy equipment supplier and installations company on the island of Hawaii in the USA that specializes in installing solar hot water and solar pool heating systems. The company has been operating since 1977 and they are located in Kalaoa, Hawaiian County.
They provide both low-cost and high-cost solar installations, maintenance and consultation services for both residential and commercial customers.
Hawaiian Solar Services and Specifics:
Hawaiian Solar provides the following services;
- Residential Solar Hot Water: This service offers domestic hot water systems that are powered by solar technology as a cost-effective way of generating hot water for residents in their homes.
- Commercial Solar Hot Water: This service is designed for business organizations. It targets business owners who wish to opt for more economical energy-saving strategies to maximize profit long term.
- Solar Pool Heating Systems: These are solar heating systems built to be an energy-efficient way of heating up pools in both residential or commercial settings.
- Maintenance Services: Customers can also request for repairs and maintenance for old or faulty solar hot water or pool heating systems that have exceeded their warranties.
- Consultation Services: Hawaiian Solar offers free consultation services for any potential client who wishes to make enquiries about solar energy services.
- Residential Solar PV Systems: Although Hawaiian Solar specializes in solar hot water and pool heating systems, they have also provided solar pv energy systems for some customers.
Based on external databases, Hawaiian Solar services has received mixed to positive reviews from their customers. They have expressed much satisfaction with Hawaiian Solar’s professionalism and expertise, however a few customers have complained of poor maintenance services.
Solar Panels and Services offered by Hawaiian Solar:
Hawaiian Solar installs solar equipment supplied from the following solar manufacturers;
- Solahart Industries
- Magen eco-Energy Australia.
Solahart Industries is an Australian solar energy company that specialize in the manufacturing of solar water heaters, while Magen eco-Energy Australia manufactures one of the industry’s highest-performing solar pool heating systems for residential and commercial use.
Clearly, Hawaiian Solar installs top quality equipment for their clients.
Specific Solar Panels Offered:
Solar water heating systems offered by Hawaiian Solar use the following solar panels;
- Thermosiphon Roof-Mounted Solar panels – These solar panels are manufactured by Solahart. They use the ‘Thermosiphon’ principle to collect heat from the sun and transfer it to the water in the storage tank. They reduce water heating energy consumption for households with medium loads by at least 60%.They can also withstand all kinds of weather conditions such as: hot and humid, strong winds, and if mounted correctly, freezing too.
- Heliocol Solar panel – Heliocol panels are manufactured by Magen eco-Energy. They use overmolding injection technology which makes them very durable and efficient. They produce about 4% more energy than competitors and are mounted with patented gator clamps that eliminate the need for unsightly straps.
These solar panels are ideal for water heating systems as they have proven to be very cost-effective and efficient for long term use.
Specific Types of Solar Offered:
Hawaiian Solar water heating systems are not grid-tied. In fact, their water heating systems operate more on thermodynamic processes than on electricity.
The company offers the following types of solar installations;
- Roof-Mounted Solar Hot Water
- Split System Solar Hot Water
- HELIOCOL – Solar Pool Heating
Installation costs and process:
Based on customer reviews, Hawaiian Solar’s hot water systems, sized for a family of 4 should cost an average of $4,000 to $7,000 for full installation.
Customers have commended the quality of Hawaiian Solar water heating systems for their durability and efficiency. Although some customers have complained that the newer products no longer last as long as the old ones.
We view Hawaiian Solar as a very legitimate company. Here’s why:
- Hawaiian Solar has been licensed to operate on the island of Hawaii. The company is located at Kalaoa in Hawaii County.
- The company has an unattributed electrical license with license number #C-26415 and an unattributed plumbing license with license number #C-17629.
- The company is not BBB accredited.
- The company’s contact details are publicly available. These include their physical address and phone number.
- The company’s leadership team is officially listed on their website. And potential clients communicate directly with the company’s executives for consultations and installations.
Although the reviews concerning customer service and maintenance have been mostly positive in terms of their professional abilities and knowledge of the field, many complaints have been made about their responsiveness, with many soliciting for faster maintenance response and support from the company. If this is important for you, we might hesitate to recommend Hawaiian Solar.
The SolarEmpower View
Hawaiian Solar is a solar installation company that specializes in solar hot water and solar pool heating installations in Hawaii, USA.
Regarding the company’s trustworthiness and legitimacy, most previous customers have expressed much satisfaction with their service quality and recommended them to potential clients, but the company has received some very negative reviews and complaints. But no complaint was left unanswered.
The company delivers good solar water heating installation services but offers poor customer service thereafter.
Readers interested in doing business with Hawaiian Solar are advised to;
- Verify the licenses of the company
- Check the latest reviews for improvements especially on their customer service, among many other precautionary measures.
The table below is a summarized review of Hawaiian Solar:
|Services||Residential Solar Hot Water, Commercial Solar Hot Water, Solar Pool Heating Systems, Maintenance Services, Consultation Services, Residential Solar PV Systems|
|Solar equipment providers||Solahart, Magen eco-Energy|
|Solar panels used||Thermosiphon Roof-Mounted, Heliocol|
|Cost||For a family of 4 – Average cost of $4,000 to $7,000 for full installation.|
|Legitimacy||Possesses credible online presence.
Possesses unattributed licenses.