SeeMore Solar Overview
SeeMore Solar (formerly known as Fafco Solar) is a family-owned solar solutions company based in Southwest Florida. With a history that stretches back to 1974, the company began under a different name (Solar Pool Heaters) and steadily transitioned to the name it has today.
Generating revenue within the region of $5 million, the business is a medium-sized company of about 25 employees that has overseen over 2,000 installations in its lifetime.
SeeMore Solar Services and Specifics
SeeMore Solar prides itself on using American branded solar products alongside international brands, providing Americans with American-built solutions.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
LG Solar Panels
LG Solar panels are developed using some of the most advanced and cutting-edge technologies available in the solar industry. The award winning “NeON” range is the company’s most popular line, and comes backed with an incredible warranty that promises unmatched product performance.
SunPower Solar Panels
Sunpower Solar panels have the highest efficiency AC solar panel available on the markets at 420-440 watts. SunPower’s flagship product is the Equinox system, which delivers more power and savings using fewer panels on the roof.
- Battery storage installation
- Solar attic fan installation
- Solar home system installation
- Solar panel installation
- Solar Pool Heater installation
- Ventilation and air conditioning services
- Zoom appointments offered
SeeMore Solar Products
- Batteries: The options available are the Tesla Powerwall, Generac PWRcell, and Enphase Ensemble. Each option is a home battery system designed to provide power in case of a power failure or when power output is low. This is achieved by storing the excess energy from the solar system.
- Cardinal SolarPro: Solar panel fans that have automatic thermal control and fire safety switch; they’re corrosion resistant with no plastic and a 25-year warranty.
- FAFCO CoolPV: Solar panels that utilize patented thermal technology to raise electrical output from 2% to 20%, giving 4x the power of traditional rooftops. The panels come with a 30-year performance guarantee.
- Solar Pool Heater: Through patented technology, the panels transfer heat to the pool water to ensure comfortable swimming conditions. The panels have a 12-year limited warranty alongside a limited lifetime replacement warranty.
- SunPower Equinox System: An all-in-one home solar system built by one company with 25 years guarantee. It distinguishes itself from the competition by highlighting how conventional solar systems have components from different brands put together that possess different warranties and fixes.
Installation costs and process
Florida is widely considered one of the best states for solar power generation in the US, which makes it much cheaper than in some other states. The average cost per watt in Florida ranges from $2.30 – $2.85, compared to other states that average around $3.50 per watt. Therefore, a typical 5kW solar system should cost anywhere between $10,250 and $13,000 to install.
Majority of projects undertaken by the company cost below $5,000, and typically average at approximately $1,950. However, there is a recurrent complaint among customers of a “trip charge” when seeking assistance from the company, where that can cost over $100. Otherwise, in comparison to the competition, the costs for solar solutions are regarded as highly affordable.
SeeMore Solar is legitimate.
|SeeMore Solar is an insured and licensed Florida State Certified Solar Contractor: having been licensed since 2007 and their current license expiring in 2024.
|SeeMore Solar possesses an A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau (BBB) with 2 publicly filed complaints in the last three years.
|Florida State Licensed Certified Solar Contractor CVC56701
|The company was founded by Ward Morrissey Jr, and has been passed down through three generations to the current owner, Dan Morrissey.
Awards and Accreditations:
- Certified Installer – Tesla Powerwall, SunPower
- Membership – Florida Solar Energy Industries Association
- Certified – OSHA
Solar products from SeeMore Solar carry a standard manufacturers warranty of 20 – 25 years and the company offers a workmanship warranty covering a 10-year period. There is no mention of a power production guarantee or if ongoing maintenance is handled in-house.
We suggest that customers conduct thorough due diligence before considering SeeMore Solar for maintenance services.
A number of customers report SeeMore Solar as having poor maintenance quality. Complaints surround panel leaks, the price of getting fixes, warranties not being honored but circumvented, and the length of time it takes for reported issues to be resolved.
|Solar Panel Warranty
|20 -25 Years
|Power Production Guarantee
The SolarEmpower View
The overall view on SeeMore Solar is mixed with customers either giving 5-star or 1-star feedback, very few fall in-between. The most recurring complaints are about service charges for site visits and the length of time it takes to complete installations or handle reported issues.
Among frustrated customers, the major pain points concern the company’s timing, installation quality, and post-sales support. Given the mixed reception, prospective clients may have varying experiences when dealing with the business; one customer’s experience is not indicative of another’s experience.
However, given that the company has been around for four decades and completed over 2,000 projects in that time, customer experience is likely to vary greatly. While SeeMore Solar may deserve consideration for your solar needs in Florida, we do advise comparing them with other companies in the area before making a final decision.
|📞Customer Service: 4/10