Westhaven Power Overview
Westhaven Power is an award-winning large-scale enterprise providing ultra-reliable energy solutions and customer-first utility services. The company’s base of operations is in Yuba City, where it serves all of Northern California, particularly the Eureka-Humboldt, Chico-Redding, Sacramento, and San Francisco Bay Areas, providing top-of-the-line products and services without subcontractors and middlemen. It also has a branch in Texas.
The company was established in 2011 by its CEO Brett Joerger to empower a mission-focused culture and provide more energy independence, powering one home at a time.
Westhaven Power Services and Features
Westhaven Power designs customized, energy-efficient systems for residential and commercial properties. They promise to deliver ultra-reliable solutions for all energy needs and grid liberation. It does this by offering:
Solar Panels: Westhaven Power offers various types of solar panels from top brands such as Enphase, Generac, LG, Panasonic, Q-Cells, Solaria, and Tesla. Features of Westhaven Power solar panel installation include:
- Comprehensive design for maximum efficiency.
- Trained craftspeople to execute a flawless installation.
- Futureproof systems that are battery ready
- A focus on aesthetics to achieve a beautiful system that matches your home.
Generators: Westhaven Power is a certified Generac dealer. They offer a permanently installed Generac home backup generator that protects your home automatically. It runs on natural gas or liquid propane (LP) fuel and comes with access to a Mobile Link to monitor the status of your generator from your smart devices anywhere in the world.
Battery: Westhaven Power offers a battery energy system that stores excess energy generated from your grid-tied solar panels and supply power to your home during a power outage
The company also offers roofing and HVAC services.
Installation costs and process
Westhaven Power provides customers with several ways to finance their solar panel systems. Customers can either purchase directly, which is the fastest and most profitable return on investment, or use one of the solar installer’s other payment options:
Westhaven Power provides customers with several ways to finance their solar panel systems. Customers can either purchase directly, which is the fastest and most profitable return on investment or use one of the solar installer’s other payment options, such as a solar loan or lease. Military Veterans are eligible for further discounts.
The company assists eligible customers in claiming federal tax incentives. The solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) allows you to deduct 26% of the cost of your solar energy system from your taxes.
The company’s cost vs. quality of service is great. Most customers agree that they got a good quality product for their purchase and still paid the quoted price.
- Westhaven Power is a highly legitimate company with a California State license number 965111.
- The solar company has been recognized as a “Top 500 Solar Contractor” in 2019 and 2020.
- Per 2020 statistics, Westhaven Power seems to have more than 4000 customers.
- They have been certified by 10+ solar panel manufacturers.
- The company is accredited by the BBB.
- The company is transparent with its contact details and social media page.
Westhaven Power products and services come with warranties on the physical integrity of your solar panels and inverters. If a soldered connection on one of your panels fails, that panel will be replaced under the product warranty. These product warranties are offered through the manufacturer, not your installer.
- For solar panels, most manufacturers offer a 10 – 25 year warranty. Inverters come with product warranties that range from 10 to 25 years, while micro inverter manufacturers offer 25-year ones.
- The Power Guard program is a power production warranty that ensures the solar panels produce at least 80 percent of their capacity for a minimum of 25 years. If it doesn’t live up to expectations, the company will pay you the power difference.
- The labor warranty covers the installer’s workmanship, including electrical wiring work and any roof penetrations made to attach your solar panels to the roof.
Westhaven Power also offers maintenance services like panel cleaning at an extra cost.
Customer Service (Review Analysis)
Westhaven Power has mixed reviews from customers online. It has a 3.5-star rating from 250 reviews. Here are what some people had to say:
|“I am very happy with my solar installation with Westhaven Power. I worked with Adam who was very knowledgeable and who spent the time to hash out the details with me. Adam, the installation crew, and Westhaven in general were very responsive and willing to work with me and what I wanted to have done. They have some nice-looking panels and the end product installation looks great!!”|
|“No call back on service already! They’ll tell you anything and everything to get you to join! Don’t wave ur attorney rights with the finance company! This has just begun and I’m just the client they need to address their terrible BUSINESS. Pick someone else for solar”|
The SolarEmpower View
Westhaven Power is a well-experienced solar contractor with an array of staff that seems to provide excellent services to their customers. But we would like to urge caution while dealing with the company as it seems they tend to renegade on their duties and are mostly concerned with getting more customers instead of the quality of their customer service.
Address: 800 Northgate Dr. Yuba City, CA 95991
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Mon. thru Sat.