West Indies Solair Overview
West Indies Solair is a small solar contracting company located in St. Croix, Virgin Islands. It was founded in 1980 and is personally operated by Beech Higby III, the CEO, and 1-2 employees.The company has been committed to providing Renewable Energy Solutions that would not only work well when new but for years thereafter.
West Indies Solair claims that their solar electric systems just can’t be beaten when it comes to Emergency Power because they are quiet, need no fuel, require minimal maintenance, and are fully automatic.
West Indies Solair Services and Features
West Indies Solair provides a range of services for its customers. Such services include:
The company does not list specific solar panels it offers to its customers.
- Residential Solar Electric: They provide a grid-tied batteryless system that will only produce power for your home when the grid is on, thereby reducing what you buy from the utility. When the grid goes down, your solar panels/inverter will stop producing power. It is unsafe to energize the grid when the utility is down, and all sine wave inverters they sell are certified by UL and IEEE to protect against “islanding.”
- Solar Hot Water: An electric heater can be a very large consumer of electricity in the home. Having solar hot water installed can save as much as 30%-40% on your electric bills.
- Solar Pool Heaters: Solar Pool Heaters offer a warmer winter swim without the continuing overhead of fuel usage.
- Mobile Solar Generators: West Indies Solair Mobile Solar Generator can supply 4000 WATTS ( 33 AMPS) of continuous 110VAC power until the batteries discharge.
Installation costs and process
Customers can take advantage of the 26% Federal Tax Rebate based on the full installation cost of their solar system to save money. The company, however, does not make any mention of its pricing, and due to the lack of customer reviews, it is hard to determine the cost vs. quality of its services. A potential customer will have to contact the company for details about their services.
West Indies Solair has little proof of legitimacy.
- The company has no information online regarding its licensing.
- There are no customer reviews to show the authenticity of services.
- There are no partners listed on their website.
- They have no social media handles aside from their website.
However, the company does have its contact details (address, email, phone number) displayed on its website, so customers can always reach out to them.
The company does not say whether they offer any form of maintenance with their products. This means customers will have to rely on other solar contractors to maintain their systems or specifically ask West Indies Solair to provide needed maintenance through email or phone.
Customer Service (Review Analysis)
The company has no customer reviews online; therefore, we cannot guarantee their services or product.
The SolarEmpower View
West Indies Solair is said to have been created 42 years ago, in 1980, which makes the company a seemingly experienced solar contractor. The company has little to no online presence, customer reviews, and license accreditations. This could be due to the company’s preference for a more offline presence, but we advise extreme caution if you purchase their services.
Address: PO Box 1347, Kingshill, St. Croix 00851-1347
Email: [email protected]