Suntap Power is a small solar panel supply and installation company based in Tucson, Arizona. Founded in 2020, the company is privately owned and currently has fewer than 10 employees. Our research indicates that Suntap Power has generated around $1,9m in revenue to date, which is a fair return for a young company in the solar industry.
The company caters to residential homeowners, basing its business model on maintaining lasting relationships and generating new business through existing customer referrals, which is evidenced by the promotion of its robust referral bonus program. Being a fairly new company, Suntap Power’s brand awareness and recognition are still very limited and of all the sources that we scoured, we were only able to find 5 customer reviews. All reviews received a 5* rating and were very positive. However, this cannot be used as a conclusive indicator due to the small sample size.
Suntap Power Services and Features
Suntap Power Products
Suntap Power provides solar panel and backup battery supply and installation services to homeowners while guiding them on how to get the maximum savings and rebate based on their upgrades. Here is an overview of the services they offer:
Solar Panels – Suntap Power offers various types and brands of solar panels including Siflab, and Q Cells, among others.
Batteries – Suntap Power also offers various brands and capacities of backup batteries including Tesla, and Generac, among others.
Suntap Power has ring-fenced their product range to the two mentioned above and also claims to cover start-to-finish installation services of these products. The company does not mention which geographic areas it can cover however our research indicates that they cover the following states AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, NC, NM, NV, SC, TX, and UT.
Suntap Power Costs:
The company requires conducting a virtual consultation to provide their price. They do not advertise any prices online. There is insufficient pricing data and customer review information available to determine how Suntap Power compares to competitors in regard to cost. The company does, however, offer a 10% discount on your solar installation, which is a definite positive.
Suntap Power Legitimacy:
Suntap Power is a legitimate company, although there are a few points worth mentioning. Here are some of their accreditations and affiliations:
- Suntap Power was added to the State of Arizona business register since they commenced business in 2020.
- The company is an active member in good standing as can be viewed on the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) register as well.
- Suntap Power is transparent about its contact details and provides its location, contact number, and a contact request form on its website.
- Suntap Power is not a BBB accredited company.
- The company displays three accreditations on their website which are a BBB A+ rating, a North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Certified Installer accreditation, and an Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) number.
- Our research indicates that these accreditations do not belong to Suntap Power directly. The NABCEP certification and ROC number belong to a company called P M and M Electric Inc, which trades as Titan Solar Power. This raised some issues
- Titan Solar Power is a BBB accredited company and offers an affiliate-type partnership option to companies that market solar panels and related products. These marketing companies are responsible for all the new business development and ongoing customer service activities while Titan Solar Power takes over the physical supply and installation of the products.
Therefore, our experts view Suntap Power as a marketing and sales company of solar panels and batteries.
Suntap Power Maintenance
There is insufficient data and customer reviews accessible for us to conclusively determine the level of service or prices related to ongoing maintenance. It is also unclear as to who will conduct the maintenance and what the process entails. However, Suntap Power does offer a 25-year warranty on most solar panels and up to 12 years on batteries, which is a definite plus.
Of the handful of available customer reviews, customers have mentioned that their experience with Suntap Power was excellent. However, once again the sample size is insufficient to draw a conclusive recommendation.
The SolarEmpower View
Overall, there is very limited information available to draw a confident conclusion on Suntap Power’s services and quality standards which is mainly due to the short time that they have been in operation. While the partnerships that they do have are with larger and more established companies, it is arguable that the connection between the companies should be explained better. Doing so may even enhance Suntap Power’s brand credibility more positively and help this promising new company to become an established market player.
Address: 1860 E River Rd Suite 325, Tucson, AZ 85718
Email: [email protected]