Sundance Solar Systems Overview:
Sundance Solar Systems is a private alternative energy company based in Montana. They install solar panel systems that can be both off-grid and tied to the grid. The company began trading in 1994 and have carried out 250 installations. They have a small team and the owners of the business, Henry and Barbara Dykema, are highly educated, and have lived off-grid themselves since 1992.
Sundance Solar Systems cater to residential, commercial, and agricultural clients and research the best products and equipment to use for each sector. There are an extremely limited number of reviews online, so it is difficult to gauge how satisfied customers have been with their work.
Sundance Solar Systems Services and Specifics:
Solar Panels and Services Offered by Sundance Solar Systems:
Sundance Solar Systems carry out installations with their own certified team of professionals and use the highest quality products that suit the needs of their customers. They offer the following:
Solar Panels: The company claim to be able to provide almost any solar or wind powered product to their customers depending on the customer’s needs. Their preferred manufacturer for solar panels is Q Cells.
- Two models available in America – Q.ANTUM Duo Z and Q.TRON Solar Panels
- Both can be used for residential, commercial, and agricultural depending on size
- P-type and newer Z-type silicon cells
- Power rating: 335W-590W
- Efficiency rating: 19.8%-21.4%
Sundance Solar Systems also offer a range of backup off-grid and grid-tie systems and inverters that they can install as an added extra or as a standalone project.
They recommend products from Outback Power (inverters, charge controllers, system components), Fronius (inverters), and Sunnyboy (inverters), though they can source products from other companies if the customer desires.
A review also mentions that they installed a solar-powered water heater system, but there is no mention of that service on the website aside from their ability to source any alternative energy product.
Installation Costs and Process:
Sundance Solar Systems Costs:
Sundance Solar Systems do not advertise the cost of products or installations on their website, and there is only one review that makes a mention of cost, and that was to say that the company gave a quote and kept to it. However, they do have a section on their website where customers can see what programs and grants they could be eligible for with regard to financing an installation.
The top incentives listed are a $500 taxpayer credit against a purchase of a sustainable energy system and a program available in Montana for individuals, small businesses, charities, and government entities called the Alternative Energy Revolving Loan Program. The details on who to contact to apply are clearly listed next to the information.
Sundance Solar Systems Legitimacy:
Sundance Solar Systems are a moderately legitimate company, as proven by the following accreditations:
- They are licensed to carry out renewable energy installations and electrical work in Montana.
- The founder of the company is licensed by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners and qualified as a PV installer.
- He is also on the Board of the Montana Renewable Energy Association.
- The company have been given the Governor’s award for ‘A Commitment to Clean, Green Energy and Conservation in the State of Montana’.
- They are fairly transparent about costs as even though it isn’t specifically said, they provide helpful financial information, and they list the suppliers of their products.
- They list the number of installations they have carried out and how many of them were for each sector.
- They are not yet accredited by the BBB.
There are only a handful of reviews available to read online so the customer satisfaction level can only be estimated.
Sundance Solar Systems Maintenance:
Sundance Solar Systems have their contact details clearly displayed on their website, along with a form to fill in for ease of contact. They claim to do all research on behalf of the client to get the most efficient and cost-effective products that suit their needs.
There are no reviews that mention the company’s flexibility, and only a handful of reviews that actually exist. The ones there are rate them 5/5 stars. There is no mention of warranties for any of the products.
The SolarEmpower View
Overall, Sundance Solar Systems is a fairly accredited business that can provide quality products and services to suit their client’s needs. They are moderately transparent with their background, contact details, installation processes, financial information, and financial assistance. They do not yet have many reviews or accreditation by the BBB, but they do have the necessary qualifications and licences to carry out their jobs effectively.