South Texas Solar Systems, Inc Intro
South Texas Solar Systems, Inc is a San Antonio based solar company that has been in business since 2004. They are a member of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and they are certified B-Corporation.
South Texas Solar Systems, Inc offers residential and commercial solar energy solutions for homes, businesses and government entities through their experienced team of professionals who provide you with a high quality product at an affordable price. They have over 15 years of experience in the solar industry and are committed to helping you save money on your electricity bills by installing reliable, efficient solar systems for power generation on your property.
However, this review points towards some issues with the company’s service, based on customer reviews.
Background: Who are South Texas Solar Systems?
South Texas Solar Systems is a San Antonio-based solar panel installation company that has been in business for over 25 years. South Texas Solar Systems is fully licensed, certified and insured to install home solar systems. They are also an accredited installer of the SunPower® X-Series™ PV solar panels, which are among the most efficient panels on the market today.
According to their website, South Texas Solar Systems’ mission is “to provide our customers with quality products and services at a competitive price.”
What does South Texas Solar Systems do?
South Texas Solar Systems Inc is a full-service solar company. Their professional team can install solar panels, batteries and other energy storage devices to help you save money on your monthly bills. They also provide advice on how to reduce your carbon footprint by using less electricity from the grid.
What types of solar panels does South Texas Solar Systems offer?
South Texas Solar Systems offers solar panels for residential and commercial use. The company’s goal is to provide its customers with high quality, reliable solar solutions that are competitive and affordable.
In addition to offering a wide variety of solar panel types, South Texas Solar Systems also offers financing options for those who want to purchase their own system but may not have the cash on hand when they need it. This allows customers from South Texas and beyond to get started on going green without having to break the bank immediately.
South Texas Solar Systems: Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are important part of our analysis. They can help you make an informed decision about which company to choose.
However, we were a little disappointed to read many negative reviews about the company. Here are some less-than-promising reviews left by customers:
- Regarding customer service: “When [the customer service agent] realized the call wasn’t for a potential sale, he was very rude and told me to call the office. I am considering legal action”
- Installation issues: “Got the panels reinstalled, but now they don’t work. I’m so tired of getting the run around from this company.”
- “Save your money and headaches and go with another company. I do not recommend Texas Solar.”
Although some customers pointed towards competitive pricing, we would urge major caution before capitalizing on these deals.
Costs: South Texas Solar Systems
South Texas Solar Systems, Inc is a great option for those looking to install solar panels in South Texas. They offer a wide range of solar panel options and are competitively priced.
Apart from the price and quality of their products, they have excellent customer service. They go above and beyond to help you save money on installation costs, including helping you apply for government grants that can be used towards financing your solar panel system.
Questions to ask when considering solar in San Antonio
- Ask about the total cost of the installation. The first thing you need to do when comparing solar companies is to get a firm price for your specific project. This can be difficult because there are many variables involved, such as your roof’s orientation and its current condition, but it’s important to get an idea of what you will pay before you make any commitments.
- Get some financing options in place if possible so that you don’t have to pay for everything up front out of pocket (or worse still, have it added onto your mortgage). Most solar companies offer different financing options including loans and leases that allow homeowners to pay over time without taking on additional debt or putting their credit at risk unnecessarily (depending on their financial situation).