Sky Solar Energy Inc. Overview
Sky Solar Energy Inc. is a small residential and commercial solar panel installation company focusing on making the transition to solar energy as easy as possible. Based in Florida, the company also provides services in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia, and works with trustworthy product manufacturers and installers of said state.
Despite having only been active for three years, the company has an estimated annual revenue of $111, 245.11 and extremely favourable reviews from customers and experts across multiple platforms.
Services and Specifics
Sky Solar Energy Inc. Products
Although Sky Solar Energy Inc. does not provide any information on the specific solar panels they use, their associated product manufacturers include Enphase Energy, Hanwha SolarOne, Silfab Solar, Generac, LG Solar, Jinko Solar, and LG Energy Solutions, all of which are industry-recognized as Tier 1 solar manufacturers.
The company works in the following six-step process:
- A virtual or in-home consultation is conducted where they review the customer’s power bill, future savings, enrolment process and answer any outstanding questions.
- The engineering team designs the system and submits the installation paperwork.
- The company installs the solar project with a promise of one day turnaround time.
- The customer’s city or county inspector then inspects the structural and electrical integrity of the job.
- Once approved, the power company replaces the power meter with a new smart reader that reads solar energy usage.
- Once these are completed, the company sets up the monitoring system and turns on the system, ready to be used.
Installation designs available include ground mounts, carports, and rooftop systems, and the additional service Sky Solar Energy Inc. provides is energy battery storage systems.
Costs and Installation Process
Sky Solar Energy Inc. Costs
While the company does not provide any basic cost estimations, experts have noted that the typical size of their permits is approximately $41,157, with 56.38% of their public projects ranging between $20,000 and $50,000. Further information has shown that their installations of 10kW photovoltaic solar systems average $35,000.
Compared to the average cost of a 10kW system in North Carolina 2022, Florida 2022, South Carolina 2022, and Georgia 2022, these prices are significantly above the market average in Florida and Georgia. While Sky Solar Energy Inc. do not make their incentive or financial support schemes known, all counties are entitled to the 26% Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and other state or local solar incentives or rebates.
Sky Solar Energy Inc. Legitimacy
Although not BBB accredited, there are a few other factors to support the legitimacy of the company:
- They are EnergySage Approved.
- They hold seven verified licenses: E Electrical Contractor license in Orange County, Highlands County, and Daytona Beach #EC13010029, Construction Financial Officer #FRO12219, Certified Building Contractor #CBC1265294 and Electrical Business Information license.
- Building permit records show that the company has worked on 118 permitted projects since early September 2022.
- The company is transparent about contact details, providing its location, email, phone number, and Facebook on its website.
- Customer reviews across multiple platforms highly recommend the company.
There is no data, however, about the training and certification of the employees or any awards to the company’s name. While this may slightly decrease the legitimacy of Sky Solar Energy Inc., one should bear in mind that the company only started in 2019, which could be a factor or reason for this.
Sky Solar Energy Inc. Maintenance
Sky Solar Energy Inc.’s main priority is making the transition to solar energy power as easy and fitting as possible, with the focus on the customer and their needs. In fact, SKY is an acronym for, “Simply Know Your solar needs”. This sentiment can be seen in their reviews across multiple platforms, with customers commenting on their high level of professionalism, good communication, friendliness, and knowledge, with many reviewers addressing the employees by name and saying that the company exceeded their expectations.
While a minority of reviews have highlighted that they can be a delay in their responses and services, the overall reviews indicate that Sky Solar Energy Inc. has a high-level of maintenance.
The SolarEmpower View
Sky Solar Energy Inc seems to offer very high-quality and simple services but at a cost. Despite this, based on the highly supportive and positive reviews, the value of their products and their customer focus, the company is a worthy long-term investment.
Address: 40417 Chancey Road, Unit 103, Zephyrhills, Florida 33542, United States
Email: [email protected]