Sire Energy Construction Overview
Sire Energy Construction is a solar installer and ADU building contractor located at Canoga Park, California. The company was founded in 2016 and handles both high-cost and low-cost projects. Sire Energy Construction offers services such as energy evaluation, solar design, solar installation, and solar financing, battery backup and storage, and solar energy system monitoring.
Sire Energy Construction Services and Specifics
Sire Energy Construction provides the following services;
- Energy Audit & Site Evaluation: Sire Energy Construction offers energy audit and site analysis for clients who wish to go solar. The analysis is usually followed by a solar design that is customized to the energy needs of the client.
- Solar Design: Sire Energy Construction experts design solar systems that are configured for a property’s energy needs. The company’s solar experts help the client choose the best solar panel, inverters, etc. depending on the client’s budget or energy preferences.
- Solar Installations: Sire Energy Construction provides solar panel installations based on a solar design for residential, commercial and non-profits clients.
- Battery Backup & Storage: For customers who wish to go off the grid, Sire Energy Construction also provides standalone solar systems that are powered by backup batteries.
- Solar Energy System Monitoring: Sire Energy Construction also offers solar monitoring system installations that tracks the performance of a solar system and reduces O&M costs by increasing system up-time and resolving faults more effectively.
Sire Energy Construction services have received very few reviews, all are positive so far.
In the reviews, customers commended the company particularly for their;
Solar Panels and Services offered by Sire Energy Construction
Sire Energy Construction offers solar products from the following solar manufacturers;
- LG Chem: LG Chem batteries can hold between 9.6 and 16 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, depending on the size you choose. The newer LG Chem RESU 10H Prime and 16H Prime batteries are made to work with many different kinds of inverters from top solar brands such as SMA, SolarEdge, Sungrow, GoodWe, and Solis.
- SolarEdge Technologies: SolarEdge is an Israeli company that develops and sells solar inverters for photovoltaic arrays, energy generation monitoring software, battery energy storage products, as well as other related products and services to residential, commercial and industrial customers. One key SolarEdge product used by solar companies is the StorEdge inverter. It comes in different models ranging in output power from 2200 to 6000 watts, and operating at an efficiency of 99.2%.
- Enphase: This is an American energy technology company that develops and manufactures solar micro-inverters, battery energy storage, and EV charging stations primarily for residential customers. Their inverters achieve a CEC efficiency of 96.5% which is one of the highest in the industry. Their polymeric enclosure and cabling system also simplifies installation effectively.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
Sire Energy Construction installs solar panels from the following solar manufacturers;
- Q CELLS: Q-Cells is a South Korean solar manufacturer that develops and sells photovoltaic (PV) solar cells. Q CELLS solar panels start at around 20% efficiency with the Q.PEAK DUO-G5, and top out at 20.9% with the Q.PEAK DUO XL-G9. The panels come in different models ranging in output power of 345 to 500 watts.
- Solaria: Solaria is an American solar manufacturer. The company’s newest solar panel is the 400-Watt PowerXT. Achieving up to 20%+ efficiency, Solaria PowerXT solar panels are one of the highest power panels in the residential solar market today.
- Silfab Solar: Silfab Solar is a Canadian manufacturer of solar panels for residential, commercial and utility scale applications. For residential purposes, the Silfab Prime series is perfect, consisting the SIL-370 HC (370Wp, 20.2% efficiency) and SIL-400 HC+ (400Wp, 20.2% efficiency). The Silfab Elite is the highest-efficiency solar panel series, it is more powerful and more expensive. For commercial purposes, we recommend the Silfab Commercial series. They are designed and engineered to meet the needs of commercial projects where maximum power density is required. They have a module power of 490Wp and efficiency of 20.9%.
- Canadian Solar: They produce solar panels with a CEC efficiency of 18 to 19% and temperature coefficient of 0.36, which is good for a standard solar panel.
- Mission Solar: Mission Solar is an American solar panel manufacturer. The MSE PERC 60 BLK module is a customer favorite that features a sleek all-black design and compact size. It has a power output of 300-310Wp and high efficiency of 18.65%.
- Panasonic Solar: Panasonic Solar is the solar division of Panasonic Holdings. The Panasonic EverVolt™ Series solar modules are the customer favorite, available in 380-watt and having module efficiency of 21.7%.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
Sire Energy Construction offers grid-tied and off-grid installations. They handle the following types of solar projects;
- Residential Solar: In this service, Sire Energy Construction installs a complete solar energy kit customized to the electricity needs of a resident’s home.
- Commercial Solar: This service is designed for business organizations. It targets business owners who wish to opt for more economical energy-saving strategies to maximize profit long term.
Installation costs and process
The cost of going solar with Sire Energy Construction is estimated to be about $3.00 per watt before any solar incentive. There are several solar incentives available that could cut these costs to very affordable levels. Incentives such as;
- Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC): With this solar incentive, every solar patronizer in the US is eligible to a 26% tax credit for solar systems installed in the years 2020 to 2022, then it comes down to 22% in 2023. This means you can reduce the total cost of installing a solar system for your home or business by 26%. But remember this incentive applies to those who buy their system either by cash purchase or solar loan, and not leases.
- Net Metering Program: Electric utilities in California offer “true net metering” to customers with solar PV systems.
Some of the solar incentives available in California include;
- California Solar System Property Tax Exemption: California has a renewable energy property tax exemption so that residents of the State don’t pay extra taxes as a result of the value their solar panels add to their homes
Sire Energy Construction offers the following financing options;
- Loan – You can apply for a loan through your local bank or credit union or explore Sire Energy Construction’ loan options, allowing you to finance your solar system even if you cannot purchase it outright. Clients can also utilize tax credits and rebates for a cheaper payment.
- Lease – Low monthly payments to add solar to your home or business.
- PACE – Through the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, businesses in participating areas can pay for their solar system through their property tax, allowing repayment for up to 20 years on a fixed rate loan.
Based on our analysis of their competitors in the state, we expect Sire Energy Construction’s price rates to meet the average standard solar rates in California. Any reader interested in going solar in California should also take advantage of the solar incentives available in the state.
- Sire Energy Construction is registered and licensed to operate in the state of California.
- The company’s website is online.
- Sire Energy Construction is not BBB accredited.
- The company’s contact details are publicly available. These include their street address, email, phone number and operating hours.
Based on our findings, Sire Energy Construction is a fully registered and legitimate business in the state of California.
Sire Energy Construction provides after sales support and maintenance. They offer solar products with the following warranties;
- 25-year product and power warranty (Mission Solar)
- 25-year product warranty (Silfab Solar, Canadian Solar)
- 30-year linear power, labor and workmanship warranty (Solaria)
- 20-year inverter warranty, extendable to 25 years (SolarEdge)
The duration of each warranty varies with the solar manufacturer.
Sire Energy Construction’s maintenance team has not received much feedback from clients. This review would be updated as they receive more feedback over time.
Based on the few customer reviews available, Sire Energy Construction’s customer service has been commended particularly for their responsiveness and clear communication.
The SolarEmpower View
Sire Energy Construction is a solar installer and ADU building contractor company located in Canoga Park, California.
Sire Energy Construction doesn’t seem very focused in the solar contracting business. From our findings, the company has channeled more resources into the ADU construction sector of the company. So far, their customer reviews are mostly positive, which indicates good customer service, but most of the reviews are not solar related.
In conclusion, we cannot recommend Sire Energy Construction for any solar project in California.
The table below is a summarized review of Sire Energy Construction:
|Locations||Canoga Park, California|
|Services||Energy Audit & Site Evaluation, Solar Design, Solar Installations, Battery Backup & Storage, Solar Energy System Monitoring|
|Solar brands used||Enphase, Solaredge Technologies, Canadian Solar, Mission Solar, Panasonic, Silfab Solar, Solaria, Q-CELLS, LG Chem|
|Cost||$3 per watt (before solar incentives)|
|Legitimacy||Fully registered and licensed, Website is online, BBB unaccredited, contact details publicly available.|