Simply Solar Systems Overview
Simply Solar Systems (SSS) is a local solar solutions provider located in Hamlin, New York. Founded in 2011, the company specializes in the design and installation of custom solar power systems for residential and commercial properties.
They handle both high-cost and low-cost projects and offer services such as energy consultation, solar design, solar installation, and solar leasing and financing, solar hot water, and solar pool heating.
Simply Solar Systems Services and Specifics
Simply Solar Systems provides the following services;
- Energy Audit & Site Analysis: Simply Solar Systems offers energy consultation for clients who wish to go solar. The consultation is usually followed by a solar design that is customized to the energy needs of the client.
- Solar System Design: Simply Solar Systems experts design solar systems that are configured for a property’s energy needs. The company’s solar experts help the client choose the best solar panel, inverters, etc. depending on the client’s budget or energy preferences.
- Solar Installations: Simply Solar Systems provides solar panel installations based on a solar design for residential, commercial and non-profits clients.
- Solar Leasing and Financing: Simply Solar Systems also offers solar financing options in the form of solar loans or leases.
- Residential Solar Hot Water: This service offers domestic hot water systems that are powered by solar technology as a cost-effective way of generating hot water for residents in their homes.
- Solar Pool Heating Systems: These are solar heating systems built to be an energy-efficient way of heating up pools in both residential or commercial settings.
Simply Solar Systems services have received very few reviews from clients, all have been positive so far.
In the positive reviews, customers commended the company particularly for their;
- Installation quality
Solar Panels and Services offered by Simply Solar Systems
Simply Solar Systems offers solar products from the following solar manufacturers;
- Enphase: This is an American energy technology company that develops and manufactures solar micro-inverters, battery energy storage, and EV charging stations primarily for residential customers. Their inverters achieve a CEC efficiency of 96.5% which is one of the highest in the industry. Their polymeric enclosure and cabling system also simplifies installation effectively.
- SolarEdge Technologies: SolarEdge is an Israeli company that develops and sells solar inverters for photovoltaic arrays, energy generation monitoring software, battery energy storage products, as well as other related products and services to residential, commercial and industrial customers. One key SolarEdge product used by solar companies is the StorEdge inverter. It comes in different models ranging in output power from 2200 to 6000 watts, and operating at an efficiency of 99.2%.
- SMA: They are producers and manufacturers of solar inverters for photovoltaics systems with grid connection, off-grid power supply and backup operations. Their inverters have an average rated power of 4000 watts and CEC efficiency of 96.5 percent.
- Fronius: Fronius is an Austrian photovoltaic manufacturer. They mainly develop and produce high-performance inverters for grid connected photovoltaic systems from 1 kW upwards.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
Simply Solar Systems installs solar panels from the following solar manufacturers;
- Hanwha Solar One (Q-CELLS): Q-CELLS, formerly Hanwha Solar One, is a South Korean solar manufacturer that develops and sells photovoltaic (PV) solar cells. Their solar panels are made up of high-performance solar cells that achieve up to 20+% efficiency. The panels come in different models ranging in output power of 345 to 500 watts.
- Trina Solar: Trina Solar is a Chinese solar panel manufacturer that sells and distributes its solar products to utility, commercial and residential customers. In the U.S. the latest Trina Solar panels are the Vertex solar panels, they incorporate 210mm silicon wafers, non-destructive cutting and high-density interconnect technologies, allowing over 600W power output and up to 21.4% module efficiency, depending on the model you choose.
- Kyocera Solar: Kyocera Solar is the solar division of the Kyocera Group, a Japanese electronics manufacturer that manufactures solar power generating systems, telecommunications equipment, electronic components, and semiconductor packages. In the US, the latest Kyocera solar panels are the KD 200-60 P Series PV modules, the most powerful is the KD330GX-LFB with a max. output rating of 330 watts.
- Canadian Solar: They produce panels with a CEC efficiency of 18 to 19% and temperature coefficient of 0.36.
- SolarWorld: SolarWorld Sunmodule solar panels have a rated output of 300 watts and efficiency of 18%, which is good for a standard solar panel.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
Simply Solar Systems offers grid-tied installations. They handle the following types of solar projects;
- Residential Solar: In this service, Simply Solar Systems installs a complete solar energy kit customized to the electricity needs of a resident’s home.
- Commercial Solar: This service is designed for business organizations. It targets business owners who wish to opt for more economical energy-saving strategies to maximize profit long term.
Installation costs and process
The cost of going solar with Simply Solar Systems is estimated to be within the range of $2.92 to $4.20 per watt before any solar incentive. There are several solar incentives available that could cut these costs to very affordable levels. Incentives such as;
- Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC): With this solar incentive, every solar patronizer in the US is eligible to a 26% tax credit for solar systems installed in the years 2020 to 2022, then it comes down to 22% in 2023. This means you can reduce the total cost of installing a solar system for your home or business by 26%. But remember this incentive applies to those who buy their system either by cash purchase or solar loan, and not leases.
- Net Metering Program: Electric utilities in New York offer “true net metering” to customers with solar PV systems.
Some of the solar incentives available in New York include;
- NY State Solar Energy System Equipment Tax Credit: New York gives an additional 25% state solar tax credit for purchased home solar systems in the state. (Max. $5,000 state tax credit)
- NY-Sun Megawatt (MW) Block Program: The state gives up to $1,000 for every kilowatt (kW) of solar power installed.
- New York Solar Tax Exemption: Solar panels are exempt from the 4% sales tax in New York.
Simply Solar Systems offers the following financing options;
- Loan – You can apply for a loan through your local bank or credit union or explore Simply Solar Systems’s loan options, allowing you to finance your solar system even if you cannot purchase it outright. Clients can also utilize tax credits and rebates for a cheaper payment.
- Lease – Low monthly payments to add solar to your home or business.
- PACE – Through the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, businesses in participating areas can pay for their solar system through their property tax, allowing repayment for up to 20 years on a fixed rate loan.
Based on our analysis of their competitors, we expect Simply Solar Systems’ price rates to be a little more expensive than the average standard solar rates. However, New York is one of the top ten most solar-friendly states in the US, the solar incentives available will cut Simply Solar Systems’ price rates by more than 50%
- Simply Solar Systems is registered and licensed to operate in the state of New York.
- The company’s website is offline.
- Simply Solar Systems is not BBB accredited.
- The company’s contact details are publicly available on external platforms. These include their street address and phone number.
Based on our findings, Simply Solar Systems is a registered and legitimate business but the absence of a company website makes us less confident in the company’s legitimacy.
Simply Solar Systems provides after sales support and maintenance. SSS offers solar products with the following warranties;
- 25-year product warranty
- 25-year inverter warranty
The duration of each warranty varies with the solar manufacturer.
Customers have expressed satisfaction with Simply Solar Systems’ maintenance team for their clear communication skills and timeliness.
Simply Solar Systems’s customer service has received positive reviews from clients. They have been commended for their responsiveness and availability.
The SolarEmpower View
Simply Solar Systems is a solar energy solutions provider located in Hamlin, New York.
There is little information available about Simply Solar Systems and the company’s website is offline as at the time of this review. For a 10-year old company, these facts are very discouraging. There are no recent positive reviews, more than 98% of their positive reviews are dated at least five years ago. Which indicates a possible decline in their service quality over time.
In conclusion, we cannot recommend Simply Solar Systems due to their inconsistencies and lack of transparency.
The table below is a summarized review of Simply Solar Systems:
|Locations||Hamlin, New York|
|Services||Energy Audit & Site Analysis, Solar System Design, Solar Installations, Solar Leasing and Financing, Residential Solar Hot Water, Solar Pool Heating Systems|
|Solar brands used||SMA, Enphase, Solaredge Technologies, Hanwha Solar One (Q-CELLS), Canadian Solar, Trina Solar, Fronius, Kyocera, SolarWorld|
|Cost (Expected, not confirmed)||$2.92 to $4.20 per watt (before solar incentives)|
|Legitimacy||Fully registered and licensed, Website is offline, BBB unaccredited, contact details publicly available on external platforms.|