Silverline Solar Overview
Silverline Solar is a small-sized solar panel installation company with its main office in Canoga Park, California, and another office in Las Vegas, Nevada. Established in 2014, the company provides grid-tied and hybrid system installations for residential projects and solely grid-tied for commercial ones. It is also part of the Silverline Home Remodeling Inc. group.
There are two separate websites for the same company with the same address, which is a little concerning.
Silverline Solar’s Solar Panel Services and Features
Specific solar panels offered
Silverline Solar appears to work with a whole host of solar panel suppliers:
- LG: one of the best, if not the best, solar panel manufacturers in the world right now, with a leading quality-to-cost ratio. Probably more expensive than other top-tier solar panel producers.
- Solaria: highly-rated South Korean company with panels that pair efficiency with lower-than-average costs.
- Panasonic: a very highly-rated brand, with production taking place in the USA and Malaysia. Higher output rate than most of the competition.
- SolarEdge: budget-friendly, but reports of faulty components and poor customer service means this brand should be approached with trepidation.
- Canadian Solar: a high-quality/low-cost solar panel manufacturer with most of its operations and production based in China, despite what the name might infer.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries: budget-friendly but offers one of the lowest efficiency ratings in the industry. Worth considering if the project in question is aiming for the lowest costs possible.
- Silfab: highly-rated American-produced solar panels with 25-year warranties allied with 30-year linear performance warranties that ensure consistent energy production levels over time.
- Mission Solar Energy: positively mid-range solar panels that will perform well but not above expectations. Not an industry leader but doesn’t claim to be either, which is a symbol of trust.
Inverters are provided by Enphase and SMA, while batteries come from LG Chem.
Specific types of solar solutions offered
Silverline Solar offers grid-tied and hybrid systems for residential but only grid-tied for commercial projects.
Installation costs & process
Silverline Solar’s estimated average installation cost of $13,800 is more or less the industry average for California. However, each solar panel installation project is different, meaning costs will almost always differ.
The company does offer free estimates and is more than content to guide customers through the various steps of installing a solar project. Customer reviews back this up.
The first step is that once a free quote is requested, Silverline Solar will set up a meeting with the client to explain the project. Next, the different facets of solar energy and whether such a project is viable for them are discussed, and after that, a custom design is prepared and installed.
Silverline Solar, however, makes no mention of the tax credit options that exist when looking to install a solar energy project. In terms of financing options, Silverline Solar partners with various companies, including Sunlight Financial, Sungage Financial, and Renew Financial, amongst others, to provide support to customers going solar.
Silverline Solar appears to be a legitimate business mostly. However, the lack of a BBB listing and accreditation and having two websites running concurrently does not reflect well in terms of the organization either.
- Contractors State Licence Board Certificate Number 1001143.
- It is OSHA certified.
- Transparent with contact details on its website.
- Information about the company is accessible across different websites and platforms.
On its website, Silverline Solar states that it guarantees a lifetime of energy production alongside a 25-year workmanship warranty.
From the customer reviews observed, people appear happy with the service offered. However, most focus on the installation aspect rather than the follow-up.
Customer Service (Review Analysis)
The vast majority of reviews praise Silverline Solar’s customer service levels. This is because of the company’s attention to detail in the quote and design stages and the utmost professionalism when installing the project itself. One review explained that despite tight time constraints from the client’s side, Silverline Solar worked around those challenges and delivered a successful project.
Another review depicted Silverline Solar’s complete approach. The company sales rep walked the couple through the process while educating them without any pressure to commit to the project at any stage. Once they were happy with what was on offer and how it was to be financed, they went ahead with the installation, stating that Silverline Solar “will provide top-rate service and follow-up.”
However, two recent reviews on separate platforms ask if the company is still in business. Both claim to have signed contracts with Silverline Solar, and although one customer states that they’re not getting feedback from the company, the other says that Silverline Solar is keeping in touch via text message, which, if true, is somewhat unusual for a business in any industry.
The SolarEmpower View
Silverline Solar certainly scores highly in terms of solar panel installation and brand options. In addition, customers speak highly of an informed sales team and an organized installation crew that can stick to the deadlines set.
However, things get murky when it comes to legitimacy. A lack of BBB accreditation or presence on the platform is never a good sign, while two websites with different branding for the same company aren’t a good look either.
Two separate reviews were posted, asking if the company was still in business. Both claimants state they signed contracts with Silverline Solar, with one saying they can’t get in touch with the company and the other stating that communication is taking place via text message.
|Customer Service: 7/10
|Solar Panel Options: 9/10
|Installation Quality: 9/10
Phone: (855) 884-4790
Address: 21410, Chase Street, #4, Canoga Park, California, CA 91304