ParagonSun is a solar sales and installation company based in Irvine, California that was established in 2008. The company provides solar panel and energy storage installation alongside solar consultation, repair, and maintenance services for residential and commercial customers in the California State area.
The company is a female-owned business valued at over $5 million with 11‒50 employees. It prides itself on its workmanship, custom design options, and fast turnaround times while maintaining quality customer service. As such, the company offers 10-year warranties on installation alongside 25-year warranties on equipment.
ParagonSun Services and Specifics
ParagonSun is a C-46 Contractor that specializes in solar installation, PV Design, and solar sales for residential and commercial use. The company sells panels and batteries from well-reviewed and elite renewable energy brands such as Enphase Energy, Jinko Solar, LG, LG Chem, Q Cells, Silfab Solar, Solar Edge, and Solaria.
- Battery Bank Services
- Electrical Upgrades
- EV Charging Station Installation
- Grid-tied Solar System Services
- Ground-mounted System Services
- Inverter Services
- Meter Services
- Roof Repair
- Off-grid Solar System Services
- Solar Electric/PV System Installation
- Solar Electric/PV System Repair
- Solar EV Charging System Installation
- Solar Panel Cleaning
- Solar Panel Installation
- Solar Panel Repair
- Solar Roof/Shingles Repair
- Virtual Consultations
Solar Panels: 400 Watts Q Cells all-black panels that have an efficiency rate ranking of around 20% and brag optimal power yields despite varying weather conditions such as low light, fluctuating temperatures, strong winds, or high snow.
Inverters: Enphase IQ8 Microinverters that pair with the Q Cells solar panels and can function in wet locations and produce power when the grid is down.
Batteries: Enphase IQ Battery 3 and 10; solar batteries that can store up to 10.08kWh of usable storage and output of 3.84 kWh depending on the selected model.
Customers regard the prices from ParagonSun to be competitive and on the lower side of typical costs associated with solar for the California area. The average price of contracted work range around $5k‒20k. Customers can get solar estimates before making any financial commitment.
ParagonSun Noteworthy Points
- Accepts credit cards and cryptocurrency
- Offers military discounts
- Offers competitive prices
- Installation process is quick
- Staff are highly knowledgeable
- Responsive and available for inquiries
Reviewing very well, and having been in business for over a decade, ParagonSun is a reliable business. Here are some of ParagonSun’s accreditation, so that customers can be assured that they’re in safe hands:
- ParagonSun is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited business with an A+ Rating and 0 filed complaints. It has been accredited since 2017.
- BuildZoom (BZ) has verified the company’s licenses and gives the company a BZ Score of 120 (Great); ranking in the top 1% of California’s 336,931 licensed contractors.
- It allows customers to get cost estimates on its website, ensuring that any customer has an opportunity to know overheads beforehand.
- The company is an Enphase Gold Partner, meaning that they have a long track record of installing Enphase products with great customer ratings.
- ParagonSun has the following licenses: C-46 Solar, C-10 Electrical, and B General. This means the company can (1) install, modify, maintain, and repair thermal solar energy systems; (2) place, install, erect, or connect any electrical wires and appliances; and (3) enter a prime or subcontract for a framing or carpentry project and self-perform the work, respectively.
When purchasing and installing, customers can expect ParagonSun to handle the design, permits, installation, city inspection, and utility activation on their behalf, while keeping them informed at each stage.
Stage 1: Consultation.
Stage 2: Design.
Stage 3: Permitting.
Stage 4: Installation.
Stage 5: Activation.
Afterward, the company is available for follow-ups and questions.
The ParagonSun View (Conclusion)
Although ParagonSun does not have that many customer reviews under its belt for a company that has been around for almost 15 years (less than 100 reviews at the time of writing), where ever you go online, the company has only 5-star reviews from highly satisfied customers, some being new clients and others being long-term clients. This signifies ParagonSun’s outstanding quality.
The only blemish with the company is that finding information on the business (its history, equipment, costs, etc.) can be very challenging as the information is not readily available on the home site, but requires some astute browsing. However, all of that can simply be circumvented by getting in touch with the company (via call or email) and making inquiries as they are highly helpful and very forward with providing answers and information on any concerns that customers may have.
Phone: (858) 386-0463
Address: 7545 Irvine Center Dr. #200, Irvine, CA 92618
Email: [email protected]