One Energy is a high tech, industry leader, industrial power company supplying large industrial facilities with multi megawatt utility-scale wind turbines to directly power their plant using the wind. This is known as “wind for industry”. One Energy believe in the power of vertical immigration whereby they offer everything under one roof including due diligence, engineering, procurement, construction, operations and finance of these wind projects. One Energy is the largest installer the frontrunner in building customer-centric power grids of the future, enabling clients to be more independent from the grid, save on electricity bills, reduce their tier 2 carbon emissions, and increase their long-term competitive advantage by having
predictable energy rates for a minimum of 20 years.
One Energy is a private utility-scale distributed-generation wind energy developer, operator and installer and is the largest in the United States. One Energy was founded in 2009 and their headquarters are stationed in Findlay, Ohio. Customers of One Energy include Fortune 500 companies such as Whirlpool.
One Energy Group services and features:
One Energy Group offers industrial plants mainly dealing with welding, cooking, freezing and the like, the opportunity to operate their plant with the wind, saving them on electricity bills and increasing their long-term competitive advantage.
Wind for Industry:
- Flagship energy solution for large industrial facilities, whereby large wind turbines are installed directly on site.
- These turbines are interconnected to the facility’s side of the meter, so the energy from the turbines travels directly to the facility without passing through the electrical grid. It operates parallel to the grid so the Industrial facility remains connected to the grid at all times.
One Energy provide a turnkey service to its customers, which includes:
- DEVELOPMENT: Development includes wind resource assessment and mapping, Shadow flicker, ice throw and sound and wake loss. One Energy provide on-site data collection and sound studies. Included in the development part of the process is wind flow and 3D site modelling, detailed turbine production models just to name a few.
- ENGINEERING: The engineering of the project covers areas such as foundation, tower, civil and rigging design, 2D and 3D drafting and whole system engineering and optimization.
- CONSTRUCTION: One energy will construct the wind towers from start to finish by ensuring the best site construction, planning and management thereof. One Energy will ensure all site safety is adhered to. Complete turbine installation from beginning to end, including civil, foundation, low- and high-voltage electrical construction and heavy rigging and crane operation.
- PROCUREMENT: One Energy offer turbine and tower procurement, along with international shipping and BOP equipment and material procurement.
- OPERATIONS: One energy facilitate the operations with real-time monitoring, monthly performance management and reporting, as well as monthly billing and customer reporting. Operations management will also include services such as emergency response and production monitoring and validation.
- FINANCING OPTIONS: Financing options include project finance, fleet finance, debt structures, tax equity structures, strategies and technical due diligence and consulting.
The company services areas throughout the United States and are world renowned for their expert driven projects.
One Energy Costs:
One Energy supply, install and service Fortune 500 companies and therefore the cost for these projects are enormous investments.
One Energy offers two project delivery methods for Wind for Industry projects, namely; CAPEX and Renewable Energy Agreements (“REAs”)
One Energy will be the turnkey developer, engineer, procurement agent, contractor, and operator for the entire project from start to finish. The customer will have to pay for the project upfront, and One Energy will run with the project throughout the process.
One Energy will continue to operate the wind turbines after construction for the lifetime of the project, and the customer will pay for the operating costs. Customers will own the energy it produces.
Renewable Energy Agreement (REA):
If the customer elects to sign a REA, they will only be required to pay for the power produced and delivered on a kilowatt-hour basis each month. Therefore, customers will only pay for the electricity delivered by the turbines. The project and turbines will be owned by One Energy, as One Energy will cover all the capital and operating expenditure costs.
From the onset it may seem like an incredible amount of capital required to install these wind turbines, but effectively, if you sign the REA there are no upfront costs, and only the cost of the power it delivers, which effectively will be a considerable saving when compared to the power received from the grid.
Overall, our experts highly recommend one Energy for their service to large-scale industrial plants, as they have the option to only pay for the electricity delivered and not have to cover all expenses to construct the towers. The positive effect of installing these wind machines is that the customers will know the price of power in 20 years time.
Experts believe that a customers decrease their energy costs significantly, as well as their energy cost risk and carbon footprint, and with the REA the customer is able to benefit from these, without using their own capital.
One Energy Legitimacy:
- One Energy supply and install their products to Fortune 500 companies, and is a trusted expert in on-site wind energy generation. Research and reviews analysed show that One Energy is responsible for the largest commercial net-metered wind projects in the United States, and are well known for excellence in all that they do.
- One Energy is an industry leader world wide and have been BBB accredited since 2011.
- One Energy is completely transparent about its contact details, providing a mailing address, a general phone number and various email options. In addition, they provide social medial links to connect with them on other platforms.
- One Energy also offer a location map, and tips to preparing for your visit, as well as driving directions.
- Our experts view the company as a top-notch high-end service provider for large-scale industry plants.
- The company’s excellent reviews and accreditations match its legitimacy.
One Energy Maintenance:
The company offers very high levels of maintenance and continued care and maintenance for the wind turbine projects they develop and construct. They offer full turnkey services of the wind turbines and its daily/monthly/yearly operations. Furthermore, they manage the process from start to finish and use only the best contractors.
Research and studies have shown that One Energy provide a water tight and comprehensive development and construction service.
The SolarEmpower View
One Energy is a world leader in wind power turbines and offer a comprehensive service to its customers. Cost and quality are aligned and the future savings are enormous, not to mention the advantages for the environment and plant. One Energy ensure that industrial plants are able to produce two to three times more energy per megawatt than solar projects and even better, they require far less land per megawatt. Furthermore, the fact that One Energy supplies Fortune 500 companies proves the company’s legitimacy and expert knowledge as a leader within the industry.