Live Wire Electrical Services LLC Overview
Based out of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Live Wire Solar & Electric is a division of Live Wire Electrical Services LLC and a family-owned business that provides solar installation to Minnesota, outstate Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin. The electrical contracting and solar power company has been operating since 2000; starting as an electrical company and expanding to solar in 2009.
Industry experts consider Live Wire Solar among their top 5 choices for the Minnesota–Winsconsin area due to the company’s extensive years in the business, customer satisfaction, competitive pricing, and large number of completed jobs.
Live Wire Solar & Electrical Services and Specifics
Live Wire Solar specializes in solar photovoltaic (PV) design, installation, and energy storage for residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, and utility markets.
Live Wire Solar & Electric Services
- Customized solar solutions
- Electric vehicle charging station installations
- Free consultation
- Free quotes
- Free site assessment and analysis
- Solar energy storage
- Solar installation
- Solar PV design
Live Wire Solar & Electric Products
Batteries: Battery, inverter, and microinverter options include Enphase, SMA America, Panasonic, SolarEdge, and many more. The battery options have maximum power outputs ranging from 5kW to 10kW, with 10‒25-year warranties.
SolarEdge App: Allows homeowners to keep track of and monitor their energy usage in real-time.
Solar Panels: Live Wire Solar offers a variety of panels to choose from (e.g., SolarWorld, Canadian Solar Inc., IronRidge, LG Solar), and even handles specific panel requests. The panels are not limited to roof installations but may also be mounted on the ground or other available surfaces, depending on the project and site.
Live Wire Solar & Electric Costs
To charm interested potential clients, the company offers free consultation and site assessment, alongside researching the available incentives for swapping to solar and providing the information into a proposal or portfolio.
Customers report that Live Wire Solar is flexible with its payment schemes, with some clients reporting that they were able to delay the due payment for when the panels were installed while other customers report that Live Wire Solar was among the cheaper quotes they received when looking into switching to solar. For reference, the average cost of solar panels in Minneapolis range around $10,722‒13,105.
Live Wire Solar & Electric Legitimacy
Live Wire Solar is a legitimate company with the following certifications, licenses, and recognitions:
- A general business incorporation license to operate in the State of Minnesota.
- Board-certified under the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), which remains valid for three years upon the date of issuance. After the three years elapse, certain requirements such as undertaking further courses must be met to be eligible for recertification or renewal.
- Recorded as a Class A Electrical Contractor and General Contractor. Minnesota laws stipulate that businesses and individuals contracted to perform electrical work in the state must have an electrical contractor license, which expires March 1 of each even-numbered year after issuance or renewal.
- Lastly, Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Live Wire Solar a letter ranking of A; the second highest rating. However, the business is not BBB Accredited.
Live Wire Solar & Electric Maintenance
The company requires minimal involvement from the customer as, firstly, Live Wire Solar handles all permits and necessary application processes with Xcel Energy, secondly, the company is flexible with its installations, assisting customers if they have a preferred brand of solar, and, lastly, customers are equipped with a monitoring system to ensure satisfaction.
The SolarEmpower View
Live Wire Solar goes the extra mile with its solar installations to ensure customer satisfaction. Not only does the business offer prospective clients free options and assessments before committing to anything, but it also makes analyses so that customers make the most informed decision that complements their budget.
In its lifetime, the business has completed over 1,500 projects; a testament to its workrate. As a family-run business, the owners are easily accessible for any qualms or concerns and prospective clients can be assured that the installation process is well organized.
Phone: (651) 688-2400
Address: 9133 Davenport St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
Email: [email protected]