Green Sun Energy Services Overview
Green Sun Energy Services was founded in 2010 and has been delivering solar panel installations, Generac generator installation, and roofing services in New Jersey since then. The company has already helped over 1,000 homeowners make their homes energy-independent.
The Green Sun Energy Services is headquartered in Middletown, New Jersey, and has extended its services to areas like Ocean, Middlesex, Monmouth, Mercer, Somerset, and Union County. The company helps you replace your old roofing, install solar panels, and cover up for unforeseen outages through a standby generator.
Green Sun Energy Services and Specifics
Solar Panel offered by Green Sun Energy Services
When asked about the best solar panels, Green Sun Energy Services mentions, “We currently only use Monocrystalline silicon panels for residential installations because of their even coloring and uniform appearance.” It should be noted that various factors determine the best solar panels like efficiency, warranty, price, bankability, and temperature efficiency.
Specific Solar panels offered:
Green Sun uses the following types of solar panels:
- PV solar panels: Green Sun Energy Services currently use panels from companies like Hanwha, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Jinko, and Trina. Hanwha panels use two models, namely Q. PEAK DUO-BLK-G6.340 and Q.PEAK DUO BLK ML G9.380, that provide an 85% offset warranty and come with a 25-year life span warranty.
- SolarEdge inverters: Solar panels provide no meaning until backed up by an inverter. Green Sun Energy Services uses SolarEdge central inverters with optimizers with a 12-year warranty (extendable to 25 years) on the inverter and a 25-year warranty on optimizers.
- EnPhase microinverters: Microinverters are attached to the backside of its solar panel. The company uses Enphase microinverters because they work on the concept of redundancy, i.e., if one microinverter fails, other solar panels can continue to produce power. They also come with a 25-year replacement warranty.
- EcoX or QuickRack solar mounting system: Mounting systems are the arrangement upon which solar panels are mounted. The company uses two types of solar mounting systems, EcoX, and Quick Rack, which come with 15 years of warranty and 25 years of warranty, respectively.
Installation Cost and Process
Green Sun Energy Services has three solar installation packages: the SolarBase Premium Package, the SolarBase Value Package, and the SolarBase Economy Package. The Economy package is the most budgeted and includes the line of products per the client’s requirements.
Cost vs. quality return
The company does true justice to its cost vs. quality return. For this reason, it has created its packages accordingly. The difference between premium and economy value packages lies greatly in the warranty period, the material warranty, and the specific solar panel model.
It has 68 reviews on Google Reviews, and 8 are 5-star reviews of solar panel installation.
The warranty of solar panels installed by Green Sun Energy Services depends solely on the manufacturers and models of solar panels installed. On average, Green Sun Energy Services provides a 10- to 25-year warranty and an additional labor warranty of 25 years on certain models. The 25-year output warranty varies from 80% to 92.5%.
The company explains its financing options very clearly. Its trademark Solar Base loan program provides a loan option of 5 to 20 years at fixed interest rates from 2.9% to 9.9%. Their financing program includes solar panel level monitoring, SREC management, on-site maintenance, annual inspection, and more.
Furthermore, clients enjoy all solar installation benefits projected by the government, like a 26% Federal Investment tax credit and 15 years of SREC-II income from the NJ Clean Energy Program.
|Green Sun Energy Services is registered as a New Jersey Clean Energy Program’s trade alley vendor.|
|It is fully insured and licensed under the license number 13VH06229000|
|It is also registered with the NJ Department of Banking and Insurance under license number L065467.|
|Its management team has been recognized by the North American Board of Energy Practitioners|
|It has been BBB accredited with an A+ rating as of 9/22/2022.|
|It also received the Angie 2020 Super Service Award.|
|Its license numbers for different services are NJHIC# 13VH06229000. NABCEP# PVA-111016-016148. GAF# CE28608|
We didn’t find any official Green Sun Energy Services partners that act as subcontractors. Its team consists of all licensed electricians, roofers, carpenters, and engineers hired by them directly.
Their credentials include New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program, NABCEP, GAF Certified, DIY Network Man Caves, and Solar Power World.
Green Sun Energy Services provides proper on-site maintenance services to its customers. The company does offer solar panel removal and replacement services as well. Its solar panel packages come with annual maintenance, audit, and other after-sales services as part of its financing plan. To get in touch with them:
- Email them at [email protected], [email protected]
- Call at 732-410-7818
- Connect them through DM on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Find them as greensunnj
Green Sun Energy also has a page called Solar Hall of Shame that lists the ugliest solar panel installations around New Jersey. Its website also clearly explains the solar financing, purchasing, and leasing options.
The SolarEmpower Review
|Cost: 8/10||Legitimacy: 9/10|
|Quality: 9/10||Customer Service 10/10|
|Warranty: 9/10||Financing: 10/10|