Green Alternatives Overview
Green Alternatives, Inc. is a solar installation company based in North Central Indiana. The company was founded in 2008 and has become an expert in offering clean and efficient solar energy options to homes, businesses, farms, and schools.
Green Alternatives specializes in the full spectrum of solar offerings such as installing a solar panel on a family’s home to save on their electricity bill and executing larger projects for commercial and agricultural customers to power their operations and reduce their carbon footprint. The company places value on providing honest and transparent solar technology and building family-like relationships with its customers. Out of Green Alternatives’ 17 customer reviews on one site we trawled, 14 are 5* reviews.
Green Alternatives Services and Specifics
Solar Panels and services offered by Green Alternatives
Green Alternatives offers the design, installation, and interconnection of solar energy systems. Its primary service consists of installing Solar Panels. The company performs residential solar installations to help homeowners reduce their energy dependence on the grid.
The company also handles all kinds of commercial solar projects such as major megawatt projects with a field of modules. In addition, Green Alternatives provides farmers with customized solutions, from pairing solar installations with crop production through a freestanding model to fitting panels onto the roof of a building.
Green Alternatives caters its services to customers in Indiana.
Installation costs and processes
Green Alternatives Costs
On its official website, Green Alternatives claims that it aims to save its customers money, provide fairly-priced products, and keep its customers in the know about ways to offset the cost of their installations. Some customers have also stated that the company offers competitive pricing. Green Alternatives assists customers in getting federal tax credits and USDA Grants.
There is no information about the exact costs, but some customer reviews have stated that the company’s pricing is highly competitive. Overall, this shows that Green Alternatives’ products and services are mostly affordable.
Green Alternatives Legitimacy
Green Alternatives is a legitimate company, and here are its accreditations:
- Green Alternatives is screened, approved, and top-rated by CleanenergyReviews. The company is also connected to reputable brands including SMA America, Unirac, Inc., Canadian Solar Inc., IronRidge, SolarEdge Technologies, Trina Solar, Fronius USA LLC, Magnum Energy, Inc., AXITEC LLC, Schneider Electric, Silfab Solar, Sun Bandit, Solaria, and Patriot Solar Group.
- Green Alternatives is open about its contact details, providing its phone number and email address on its official website for ease of contact. There is also a form that customers can fill out to ask any questions they may have.
- The company is licensed by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
- Green Alternatives’ certifications include:
- LG Chem Lithium Certified Installers,
- Generac Certified Installers,
- SolarEdge Certified Installers,
- NABCEP PV Associate Certificates,
- Ivy Tech Renewable Energy Certificate,
- Industrial Electrician Certificate.
- Green Alternatives has manufacturer partnerships with Generac and LG Chem.
- Green Alternatives is affiliated with the Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA), the Solar Indiana Renewable Energy Network (SIREN), the Indiana Distributed Energy Alliance, and Solarize Indiana.
- Green Alternatives’ founders, Chris Rohaly and Neal Rhodes (now deceased) have a combined 60 years of electrical design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience.
The company’s accreditations, licenses, and partnerships show that it is indeed legitimate.
Green Alternatives Maintenance
Green Alternatives offers a workmanship warranty of 6 years after system commissioning. The company offers a wide range of operations and maintenance services to keep its solar installations up and running and functioning at their optimal capabilities.
For the first year after installation, the company runs a variety of checks on customers’ equipment — from analyzing tilt angles for ground-mount systems to checking the wiring and clamp integrity and verifying that inverters are operating properly. Some maintenance services Green Alternatives offers include online monitoring and analysis, periodic mechanical and electrical inspections, thermography, and manufacturer-recommended preventative maintenance.
Reviews of the company are largely positive, with many claiming that Green Alternatives’ team was responsive, professional, and helpful. Multiple reviews also expressed satisfaction with the solar systems installed. Some of the complaints were promptly responded to by the company.
This shows that Green Alternatives delivers excellent maintenance services for its customers.
The SolarEmpower view
In conclusion, Green Alternatives offers excellent solar installation services of high quality. Several positive reviews by its customers highlight the company’s legitimacy and excellent customer service. In addition, in terms of costs, the company’s commitment to providing quality services at a low cost (plus helping with tax credit) makes its services more affordable.
Address: 702 E Columbia St, Flora, IN 46929
Email: [email protected]