Fresco Solar Overview
Established in 2006 and founded in 2008, Fresco Solar is a small, private solar installation company based in Morgan Hill, California that provides solar installation to residential, commercial, and government properties. The company is owned and run by Sean Kenny.
Fresco Solar is estimated to generate an annual revenue within the regions of $240,000‒315,000. The company does not use subcontractors but takes on projects in-house, and as of date, it has worked on 88 permitted projects across the state.
Fresco Solar Breakdown
Fresco Solar Services
- Build/design solar PV arrays
- Solar installations
- EV charging station installation
- Grid-tied solar system services
Fresco Solar Products
Fresco Solar does not provide any information on which brands it partners with, what products it has on sale, nor the equipment it utilizes to see through commissioned projects. Its website is not secure and redirects visitors to third-party sites.
Fresco Solar Costs and Installation Process
Although Fresco Solar lists the services it provides, there is no information as to the costs associated with these services nor any information on their installation process. Frustrated customers report that the company successfully completes its installation but support and maintenance afterward are nonexistent. It would appear that the company has a history of failing to support clients and maintain their installed systems.
Fresco Solar Red Flags
- Official website is unresponsive
- Business aggregators lack information
- No information on the company’s licenses
- The company does not respond to calls or emails
- The business has been inactive
Fresco Solar Legitimacy
The company holds general, electrical, and solar licenses while its installation team is GoSolarSF and North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified. However, information available on the solar company is inconsistent, severely lacking, and hard to come by. Reputable sites such as EnergySage, SolarReviews, ZoomInfo, and a lot more all have little to no information on the company.
The following factors are to be considered:
- Its official website is bare, provides no information about the company or its business, is an unsecured link, and serves to redirect visitors to other websites. Caution is suggested if visitors seek to explore the website.
- Although possessing an A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau (BBB), the company is not BBB accredited.
- BuildZoom (BZ) has Fresco Solar on a BZ score of 109 (Great), placing the business above 95% of 336,931 contractors in California. However, the site also specifies that the company has been inactive for a year with BZ reporting the company’s last undertaken project was in 2021 while its license was scheduled to expire in August, 2021.
- Customer reviews are on the lesser side with the company barely scraping 10 reviews despite being founded in 2008. Most of the reviews score the company a 2/5.
- In September, 2021, a reviewer complained about running into problems and getting in touch with the owner, Sean Kenny, about the issue. According to the reviewer, after a year of constantly requesting assistance, nothing was ever done about the problem and the owner stopped responding to messages, leading the reviewer to believe the business had shut down.
All of these are red flags suggesting that although the business is legitimate, the company is either struggling to stay afloat, has not renewed its license, is in the process of rebranding, or has closed. Whichever of the four listed situations the company is in, none of them are good.
Lastly, it should be noted that some sites have removed their listing of the company while Google and Yelp list the company as “temporarily closed”.
The SolarEmpower View (Conclusion)
Information on Fresco Solar is scant. This is not a good sign. Besides the fact that the business has been operating for longer than 10 years and lacks traceable reviews and information, the lack of information throws the company’s legitimacy into doubt while also suggesting that the company may be experiencing hardship.
However, a search under the company’s alternative name (Al Fresco Concepts, Inc) provides a little more information such as its SIC and NAICS codes. Tracking the company through these registered codes does not yield any more information than the little that is already available. As there is little to go by and the company has not been responding to calls and emails, speculation can only be made as to what is the current situation at Fresco Solar.
Given the above, this business is NOT recommended.
|Customer Satisfaction: 3/10
|Availability of Information: 3/10