Energy Resources USA Overview
Energy Resources USA provides turnkey and practical energy conservation measures, including solar. Based in Connecticut, the small company conducts services across the country. The company focuses on the goals of its customers by working to understand each customer and delivering world-class energy savings solutions within the context of their specific needs and concerns.
Founded in 2012, the company has 70 employees and current annual revenue of $18 million. Despite having a B- BBB rating and numerous awards, project examples, and credentials, the lack of information surrounding the company and customer and expert reviews may suggest some concerns.
Energy Resources USA Services and Specifics
Specific Solar Panels Offered
Although Real Solar does not provide any information on the specific solar panels they use, experts list SunPower as their associated product manufacturer. SunPower is an industry-recognized Tier 1 solar manufacturer.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
Energy Resources USA offers turnkey solar solutions for commercial, non-profit, and public sector clients.
The company conducts a full site, and customer needs analysis. During this, their team works to fully understand the customer’s financial and business objectives. After this evaluation, they design the system, contact local utilities and permits, and finally complete the installation. Once done, the company does the final checks, and the system is activated.
No information regarding the installation options was found, and experts state that the services offered are only installation, financing, and solar repair and maintenance. Looking at the case studies available on their website, the company conducts roof-mount installations, and services also offered may include LED retrofits and new fittings.
Energy Resources USA Installation cost and process
Energy Resources USA focuses on the foals of the client. Part of this is discussing the financial and business objectives with the customers. Strategies to lower costs include:
|Offering a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to non-profits and organizations that cannot take advantage of the investment tax credit.|
|The company states that their team can provide utility energy efficiency incentives for the replacements of life mechanical equipment.|
|Offering Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) or Green Construction loans.|
|Help customers take advantage of the 26% Federal Incentive Tax Credit of the total system cost, state and local incentives, generate additional revenue sources, and create an energy strategy.|
|Offering an Operating Lease (or an off-balance sheet lease) to property owners.|
The company does not indicate pricing. We have searched extensively, and with almost no customer reviews or verified permits, we cannot analyze their price competitiveness. Upon emailing the company for information, we received no response. We recommend comparing the price offered by the company with the average pricing of a solar system in your state.
There is evidence to suggest that Energy Resources USA is legitimate:
- The company has a B- BBB rating.
- The company has been recognized as an industry leader by utilities and other energy efficiency organizations and holds numerous awards.
- The company’s solar website has photographic evidence of some of its commercial projects.
- Energy Resources is the top contractor for the Eversource CT Small Business Energy Advantage (SBEA) Program.
- The company is the number two provider of natural gas savings for National Grid in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- The company is a top-performing contractor for the Eversource Massachusetts Direct Install program.
- Their website shows their notable clients, project examples, and case studies.
- The company’s staff includes members with Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) qualifications, including Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP), and Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP).
- The members of staff credentials include E-1 Master Electricians, S-1 Master HVAC Professionals, SM-1 Sheet Metal Contractors, SM-2 Journeyman Sheetmetal Workers, D-2 Service Technicians, P-2 Journeyman Plumbers, OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 Certifications, and Universal Refrigerant Licenses.
- The company is a Sunpower authorized dealer.
- The company is listed and verified as active in company directories.
- The company has SunPower Home Improvement Contractor License: HIC.0645870.
The company, however, does not have any verified permits, and its license is only verified by one source. There is no indication of employees being NABCEP certified, and across all platforms, we have found only one customer review. In fact, there are more reviews about working conditions and employee satisfaction than customer reviews.
Energy Resources USA is a turnkey solar solution company with 10-year warranties for workmanship, installation, roof, parts, and labor. Experts also claim that the company offers maintenance. It is worth mentioning that the company partners with utility companies. We recommend still discussing this with the company.
The company has a contact form on its website, making it quick and easy to have any queries answered. Despite this, when SolarEmpower enquired via email for more information on their cost and specific solar panels offered, we received no response from the company. Without any other reviews or information available from customers or experts, this may be an indication of poor customer service.
The SolarEmpower View
Energy Resources USA provides its customers with systems that are tailored to their specific energy and financing customers. Due to the lack of customer reviews and information on licensing, we would advise exercising some caution.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 76 Watertown Road, Thomaston, Connecticut 06787