Electro Solar Overview
Electro Solar is a solar solutions provider located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Founded in 2020, the company designs and installs solar solutions and procures solar equipment from top-tier manufacturers.
Electro Solar specializes in serving residential and commercial clients across the state of Minnesota. They handle both high-cost and low-cost projects and offer services such as energy consultation, solar design, solar installation, and solar leasing and financing, solar hot water, and solar pool heating.
Electro Solar Services and Specifics
Electro Solar provides the following services;
- Energy Consultation: Electro Solar offers energy consultation for clients who wish to go solar. The consultation is usually followed by a solar design that is customized to the energy needs of the client.
- Solar Design: Electro Solar experts design solar systems that are configured for a property’s energy needs. The company’s solar experts help the client choose the best solar panel, inverters, etc. depending on the client’s budget or energy preferences.
- Solar Installations: Electro Solar provides solar panel installations based on a solar design for residential, commercial and non-profits clients.
- Solar Leasing and Financing: Electro Solar also offers solar financing options in the form of solar loans or leases.
- Residential Solar Hot Water: This service offers domestic hot water systems that are powered by solar technology as a cost-effective way of generating hot water for residents in their homes.
- Solar Pool Heating Systems: These are solar heating systems built to be an energy-efficient way of heating up pools in both residential or commercial settings.
With Electro Solar, all work is done through in-house employees. When we made contact with their staff, they reiterated to us that they do not subcontract any of their work.
Electro Solar services have received very few reviews from clients, all have been positive so far.
In the positive reviews, customers commended the company particularly for their;
- Product quality
- Knowledge in the field
Solar Panels and Services offered by Electro Solar
Electro Solar offers solar products from the following solar manufacturers;
- Enphase: This is an American energy technology company that develops and manufactures solar micro-inverters, battery energy storage, and EV charging stations primarily for residential customers. Their inverters achieve a CEC efficiency of 96.5% which is one of the highest in the industry. Their polymeric enclosure and cabling system also simplifies installation effectively.
- SolarEdge Technologies: SolarEdge is an Israeli company that develops and sells solar inverters for photovoltaic arrays, energy generation monitoring software, battery energy storage products, as well as other related products and services to residential, commercial and industrial customers. One key SolarEdge product used by solar companies is the StorEdge inverter. It comes in different models ranging in output power from 2200 to 6000 watts, and operating at an efficiency of 99.2%.
- LG Chem: LG Chem batteries can hold between 9.6 and 16 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, depending on the size you choose. The newer LG Chem RESU 10H Prime and 16H Prime batteries are made to work with many different kinds of inverters from top solar brands such as SMA, SolarEdge, Sungrow, GoodWe, and Solis.
- SMA: They are producers and manufacturers of solar inverters for photovoltaics systems with grid connection, off-grid power supply and backup operations. Their inverters have an average rated power of 4000 watts and CEC efficiency of 96.5 percent.
- Tesla: Electro Solar offers Tesla Powerwall power storage systems for off-grid installations so you can store solar energy generated, assuring power even in the event of a grid outage. Each Powerwall holds 12.2 kWh of usable capacity and maintains a 10% reserve so that when the power goes out, the battery has enough power to turn your solar on to get the battery recharged when the sun comes up the next day.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
Electro Solar installs solar panels from the following solar manufacturers;
- Q-CELLS: Q-Cells is a South Korean solar manufacturer that develops and sells photovoltaic (PV) solar cells. Their solar panels are made up of high-performance solar cells that achieve up to 20+% efficiency. The panels come in different models ranging in output power of 345 to 500 watts.
- Jinko Solar: This is a solar panel manufacturer that sells and distributes its solar products to utility, commercial and residential customers in multiple countries. In the U.S. the Eagle G4 is Jinko Solar’s most efficient panel at the time of writing this review (Sept 2022). The G4 has a maximum module efficiency of 21.16%.
- Canadian Solar: They produce panels with a CEC efficiency of 18 to 19% and temperature coefficient of 0.36.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
Electro Solar offers grid-tied and off-the-grid installations. They handle the following types of solar projects;
- Residential Solar: In this service, Electro Solar installs a complete solar energy kit customized to the electricity needs of a resident’s home.
- Commercial Solar: This service is designed for business organizations. It targets business owners who wish to opt for more economical energy-saving strategies to maximize profit long term.
Installation costs and process
The cost of going solar with Electro Solar is estimated to be within the range of $2.94 to $3.98 per watt before any solar incentive. There are several solar incentives available that could cut these costs to very affordable levels. Incentives such as;
- Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC): With this solar incentive, every solar patronizer in the US is eligible to a 26% tax credit for solar systems installed in the years 2020 to 2022, then it comes down to 22% in 2023. This means you can reduce the total cost of installing a solar system for your home or business by 26%. But remember this incentive applies to those who buy their system either by cash purchase or solar loan, and not leases.
- Net Metering Program: Minnesota passed a legislation that mandated all electric utilities to offer “true net metering” to customers with solar PV systems.
Some of the solar incentives available in Minnesota include;
- Minnesota Solar Tax Exemption: Solar panels are exempt from the 7% sales tax in Minnesota.
Electro Solar offers the following financing options;
- Loan – You can apply for a loan through your local bank or credit union or explore Electro Solar’s loan options, allowing you to finance your solar system even if you cannot purchase it outright. Clients can also utilize tax credits and rebates for a cheaper payment.
- Lease – Low monthly payments to add solar to your home or business.
- PACE – Through the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, businesses in participating areas can pay for their solar system through their property tax, allowing repayment for up to 20 years on a fixed rate loan.
- Electro Solar is registered and licensed to operate in the state of Minnesota.
- Electro Solar is not BBB accredited.
- The company’s contact details are publicly available on their website. These include their street addresses, email, phone number and operating hours.
There is not much public information about Electric Solar that has been made available. But based on our research, we know Electro Solar is a fully registered and licensed solar company.
Electro Solar provides after sales support and maintenance.
One of the main benefits of working with Electro Solar, is that their electricians are in-house staff, this ensures high-quality responsiveness to service requests from clients.
Electro Solar’s customer service has received positive reviews from clients. They have been commended for their responsiveness and availability.
The SolarEmpower View
Electro Solar is a solar energy solutions provider located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
There is little information available about Electro Solar. The company is very young, with roughly two years of experience. The amount of customer reviews available is not enough to give a complete analysis of the company’s overall performance. We will update this review as the company completes more projects and receives more feedback.
In conclusion, we cannot recommend Electro Solar as our analysis is yet to be finalized.
The table below is a summarized review of Electro Solar:
|Services||Energy Consultation, Solar Design, Solar Installations, Solar Leasing and Financing, Residential Solar Hot Water, Solar Pool Heating Systems|
|Solar brands used||SMA, Enphase, Solaredge Technologies, LG, Q-CELLS, Tesla, Canadian Solar, Jinko Solar|
|Cost (Expected, not confirmed)||$2.94 to $3.98 per watt (before solar incentives)|
|Legitimacy||Fully registered and licensed, Website is online, BBB unaccredited, contact details publicly available.|