ElectriCare is a solar energy installer located in Murrieta, California. Operating since 2000, the company has been formally recognized by Expertise as one of the top solar companies in Murrieta in the year 2022. They are also partnered with reputable solar companies such as REC, Solaria and LG.
ElectriCare specializes in serving residential clients across the state of California. They handle both high-cost and low-cost projects and provide their solar installations following an 8-stage process.
ElectriCare Services and Specifics
ElectriCare operates in the following areas in California;
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
The company provides its solar installations following an 8-stage process;
- Site Assessment: ElectriCare inspectors perform an energy audit of the property and collect all relevant data to ensure smooth project planning.
- Design: ElectriCare system designers take into consideration the site assessment along with any customer requests and designs multiple solar systems that satisfy all the energy requirements and customer preferences.
- Engineering: The company engineers review and approve each solar system, making sure they all meet or exceed any expectations from local authorities.
- Permitting: The ElectriCare permitting staff works with local authorities or regulatory bodies to procure the necessary permits required for each project.
- Installation: The company technicians install the solar system preferred/approved by the client.
- Inspection: ElectriCare inspectors ensure each project is signed off and approved by the necessary authorities. They also explain how the installed solar system works.
- Interconnection: ElectriCare assists with any paperwork required by your utility to tie the new solar system to the grid.
- Maintenance: The company activates the solar system warranty and maintenance support.
ElectriCare services have received very positive reviews from their clients.
In the positive reviews, customers commended the company particularly for their;
- After sales support
- Product and installation quality
Solar Panels and Services offered by ElectriCare
ElectriCare offers the following solar products to their clients;
- Generac – is an American manufacturer of backup power generation products for residential, light commercial and industrial markets. Generac’s power systems range in output from 800 watts to 9 megawatts. The most popular Generac system, the PWRcell, provides at least 9kWh of storage capacity and includes:
- 1 Inverter
- 1 Battery storage cabinet
- 3 Lithium ion battery modules
- 10 Year Limited Warranty
PWRcell pairs with solar panels from third-party manufacturers. Based on your needs and your budget, ElectriCare installers can determine the right panels to integrate with it.
- Enphase – is an American energy technology company that develops and manufactures solar micro-inverters, battery energy storage, and EV charging stations primarily for residential customers. Their inverters achieve a CEC efficiency of 96.5% which is one of the highest in the industry. Their polymeric enclosure and cabling system also simplifies installation effectively.
- SolarEdge Technologies: SolarEdge is an Israeli company that develops and sells solar inverters for photovoltaic arrays, energy generation monitoring software, battery energy storage products, as well as other related products and services to residential, commercial and industrial customers. One key SolarEdge product used by ElectriCare is the StorEdge inverter. It comes in different models ranging in output power from 2200 to 6000 watts, and operating at an efficiency of 99.2%.
- LG Chem: LG Chem batteries can hold between 9.6 and 16 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, depending on the size you choose. The newer LG Chem RESU 10H Prime and 16H Prime batteries are made to work with many different kinds of inverters from top solar brands such as SMA, SolarEdge, Sungrow, GoodWe, and Solis. ElectriCare integrates LG Chem batteries with their solar systems as they are the only compatible batteries with the SolarEdge StorEdge inverters.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
ElectriCare installs solar products from the following solar manufacturers;
- Solaria: Solaria is an American solar manufacturer. The company’s newest solar panel is the 400-Watt PowerXT. Achieving up to 20%+ efficiency, Solaria PowerXT solar panels are one of the highest power panels in the residential solar market today.
- Q-CELLS: Q-Cells is a South Korean solar manufacturer that develops and sells photovoltaic (PV) solar cells. Their solar panels are made up of high-performance solar cells that achieve up to 20+% efficiency. The panels come in different models ranging in output power of 345 to 500 watts.
- REC: REC solar panels come in various specifications to satisfy a wide range of solar designs. The most popularly used REC solar panels are the REC Alpha Pure & Pure-R (410-430 Wp) and REC N-Peak 2 (360-375 Wp). REC’s solar panels range in efficiency from 16.5% to 21.9%.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
ElectriCare offers grid-tied and off-the-grid installations. They handle the following types of solar projects;
- Residential Solar: This is ElectriCare’s major specialty. In this service, ElectriCare LLC installs a complete solar energy kit customized to the electricity needs of a resident’s home.
- Commercial Solar: This service is designed for business organizations. It targets business owners who wish to opt for more economical energy-saving strategies to maximize profit long term.
Installation costs and process
The cost of going solar with ElectriCare is estimated to be about $2.68 per watt before any solar incentive. There are several solar incentives available that could cut these costs to very affordable levels. Incentives such as;
- Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC): With this solar incentive, every solar patronizer in the US is eligible to a 26% tax credit for solar systems installed in the years 2020 to 2022, then it comes down to 22% in 2023. This means you can reduce the total cost of installing a solar system for your home or business by 26%. But remember this incentive applies to those who buy their system either by cash purchase or solar loan, and not leases.
- Net Metering Program: California passed a legislation that mandated all electric utilities to offer “true net metering” to customers with solar PV systems.
Some of the solar incentives available in California include;
- Property Tax Exemption: California’s Property Tax Exemption for Renewable Energy Systems prevents clients from paying additional property taxes after their home value increases from installing solar.
- California Solar Tax Exemption: Solar panels are exempt from the 7% sales tax in California.
ElectriCare offers the following financing options;
- Lease – Low monthly payments to add solar to your home or business..
- Loan – You can apply for a loan through your local bank or credit union or explore ElectriCare’s loan options, allowing you to finance your solar system even if you cannot purchase it outright. Clients can also utilize tax credits and rebates for a cheaper payment.
- PACE – Through the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, businesses in participating areas can pay for their solar system through their property tax, allowing repayment for up to 20 years on a fixed rate loan.
- ElectriCare is registered and licensed to operate in the state of California.
- ElectriCare is BBB accredited.
- ElectriCare is an authorized dealer and certified installer for REC, Solaria, SolarEdge, Generac, REC and LG solar products.
- The company’s contact details are publicly available on their website. These include their street addresses, email, phone number and operating hours.
Based on these findings, we are confident to say ElectriCare is a fully registered and legitimate company.
ElectriCare provides after sales support and the company offers a 25-year warranty on their solar systems.
Clients have expressed much satisfaction with ElectriCare’s maintenance team for their availability and timeliness.
ElectriCare’s customer service has received the most praise from clients. Their clients have commended their customer service for its responsiveness and support.
The SolarEmpower View
ElectriCare is a solar energy solutions provider located in Murrieta, California, operating in Riverside, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Orange County.
From our findings, ElectriCare is clearly an excellent company to work with if you want your home to go solar in California. The company has over 21 years of experience in the solar business industry and they have been formally recognized as one of the top solar companies in Murrieta. They also come highly recommended by their clients who have expressed much satisfaction with the company’s customer service.
We are confident in ElectriCare’s ability to deliver top-notch residential solar services, as they have demonstrated more experience in that sector. As for the commercial solar sector, we cannot vouch for them, however the process for commercial solar installations is not so different from that for the residential. Based on their proven competence and decades of experience in the industry at large, they should do just fine in the commercial solar sector.
The table below is a summarized review of ElectriCare:
|Locations served||Headquarters at Murrieta, California. Operating in Riverside County, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Bernardino|
|Solar brands used||Solaria, Generac, Enphase, Solaredge Technologies, LG, Q-CELLS, REC|
|Warranty||25-year warranty on all solar products installed by ElectriCare|
|Cost (Expected, not confirmed)||$2.68 per watt (before solar incentives)|
|Legitimacy||Fully registered and licensed, Website is online, BBB accredited, Authorized partner for LG and Solaria, REC certified installer, contact details publicly available.|