DC Energy Innovations Overview
DC Energy Innovations (DCEI) is an electrical contractor company located in North Hero, Vermont. The company has been installing solar projects since 2005 in Vermont and New York. They have constructed commercial and residential projects of several types and sizes for their clients.
The company handles both low-cost and high-cost solar projects and offers services such as energy evaluation, solar design, solar installation, and battery backup & storage.
DC Energy Innovations Services and Specifics
DC Energy Innovations provides the following services:
DC Energy Innovations offers energy audit and site analysis for clients who wish to go solar. The analysis is usually followed by a solar design customized to the client’s energy needs.
DC Energy Innovations experts design solar systems that are configured for a property’s energy needs. The company’s solar experts help the client choose the best solar panel, inverters, etc., depending on the client’s budget or energy preferences.
DC Energy Innovations provides solar panel installations based on a solar design for residential, commercial, and non-profit clients. They offer the following types of panel installations:
- Roof Mount (sloped roof)
- Ballasted Roof Mount (flat roof)
- Pole Mount
- Ground Mount
Battery Backup & Storage
For customers who wish to go off the grid, DC Energy Innovations also provides standalone solar systems that are powered by backup batteries.
DC Energy Innovations services have received very positive reviews from clients.
In the reviews, customers commended the company, particularly for their:
- Work ethics
- Installation and product quality
- Competitive pricing
Solar Panels and Services offered by DC Energy Innovations
DC Energy Innovations offers solar products from the following solar manufacturers;
- Enphase – This is an American energy technology company that develops and manufactures solar micro-inverters, battery energy storage, and EV charging stations primarily for residential customers. Their inverters achieve a CEC efficiency of 96.5%, which is one of the highest in the industry. Their polymeric enclosure and cabling system also simplifies installation effectively.
- SolarEdge Technologies – SolarEdge is an Israeli company that develops and sells solar inverters for photovoltaic arrays, energy generation monitoring software, battery energy storage products, as well as other related products and services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. One key SolarEdge product used by solar companies is the StorEdge inverter. It comes in different models ranging in output power from 2200 to 6000 watts and operates at an efficiency of 99.2%.
- SMA – They produce solar inverters for photovoltaic systems with grid connection, off-grid power supply, and backup operations. Their inverters have an average rated power of 4000 watts and a CEC efficiency of 96.5 percent.
- IronRidge – They design and manufacture structural hardware for residential and commercial solar systems.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
DC Energy Innovations installs solar panels from the following solar manufacturers:
They produce panels with a CEC efficiency of 18 to 19% and a temperature coefficient of 0.36, which is good for a standard solar panel.
The SolarWorld Sunmodule solar panels have a rated output of 300 watts and an efficiency of 18%, which is good for a standard solar panel.
The ReneSola Virtus II series have a wattage range of 245 – 320 Watts and an efficiency range of 15.80 – 16.30%.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
DC Energy Innovations offers grid-tied and off-grid installations. They handle the following types of solar projects;
With this service, DC Energy Innovations installs a complete solar energy kit customized to the electricity needs of a resident’s home.
DC Energy Innovations also provides schools, public organizations, and private businesses with strategic solar energy solutions.
Installation costs and process
The cost of going solar with DC Energy Innovations is estimated to be about $2.65 to $3.59 per watt before any solar incentive. Several solar incentives available could cut these costs to very affordable levels. Incentives such as:
Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC)
With this solar incentive, every solar patronizer in the US is eligible for a 26% tax credit for solar systems installed in the years 2020 to 2022, and then it comes down to 22% in 2023. This means you can reduce the total cost of installing a solar system for your home or business by 26%. But remember, this incentive applies to those who buy their system either by cash purchase or solar loan, not leases.
Net Metering Program
Vermont has mandated all electric utilities to offer “true net metering” to customers with solar PV systems.
Some of the solar incentives available in Vermont include:
- Green Mountain Power’s (GMP) Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program
- Vermont Solar Tax Exemption
The company offers the following financing options:
- Lease – Low monthly payments to add solar to your home or business.
- Loan – You can apply for a loan through your local bank or credit union or explore DC Energy Innovations’ loan options, allowing you to finance your solar system even if you cannot purchase it outright. Clients can also utilize tax credits and rebates for cheaper payments.
- PACE – Through the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, businesses in participating areas can pay for their solar system through their property tax, allowing repayment for up to 20 years on a fixed rate loan.
- DC Energy Innovations is registered and licensed to operate in the state of Vermont.
- The company’s renewable energy manager, Ben Gordesky, is NABCEP-certified with license no. PV #110112-51.
- The company’s technicians are licensed electrical contractors.
- DC Energy Innovations is not BBB accredited.
- The company’s contact details are publicly available. These include their street address, phone number, and operating hours.
Based on our findings, DC Energy Innovations is a fully registered and legitimate solar contractor in the state of Vermont.
DC Energy Innovations provides after-sales support and maintenance. They offer solar products with the following warranties:
- 5 years on all defects in workmanship
- 25 years solar panel warranty
- 10 – 20 years racking warranty
- 10 – 25 years inverter warranty
Customers have expressed satisfaction with DC Energy Innovations’ maintenance team for their availability and timeliness.
Based on customer’s feedback, DC Energy Innovations’ customer service has been commended particularly for its responsiveness and helpfulness.
The SolarEmpower View
DC Energy Innovations is a solar installation contractor located in North Hero, Vermont.
From our findings, DC Energy Innovations is a decent solar contractor to work with. They have been performing optimally over the years since its establishment and their customer reviews are encouraging. The company’s management team is listed on its website, which is a huge boost for its transparency score.
In conclusion, we recommend DC Energy Innovations for any solar project in Vermont.
The table below is a summarized review of DC Energy Innovations:
|North Hero, Vermont
|Energy Evaluation, Solar Design, Solar Installations, Battery Backup & Storage
|Solar brands used
|Canadian Solar, SolarWorld, ReneSola, Enphase, SMA, SolarEdge, IronRidge
|$2.65 to $3.59 per watt (before solar incentives)
|Fully registered and licensed, Website is available, NABCEP-certified executives, state-licensed technicians, BBB unaccredited, contact details are publicly available