CAM Solar Overview
CAM Solar is a medium-sized solar installation company located in San Antonio, Texas. Founded in 1990, they are evidently an experienced and established company. They have expanded over the decades with service areas in Texas and Colorado. They are a smaller company but boast about their big company capabilities, with 96 employees they are leading the way in solar in their area.
Cam Solar is a commercial company; installing solar panels and batteries for homeowners, however, they do also offer solar panels to commercial properties. With their business model seemingly being based on word of mouth and referrals, as well as customer loyalty. They have an overall 4.8-star rating, with over 200 5-star reviews and have a BBB accreditation status across various databases that we trawled.
Cam Solar Services and Specifics
Cam Solar offers all things solar, this includes
- Installing residential and commercial solar – They offer Panasonic panels, and are actually an authorised dealer and installer.
- Support for the solar rebate and incentive programme – which helps customers find a low-cost solar installation that suits them.
- Free solar estimates via satellite – Cam Solar’s quotes, according to reviews, are accurate.
- Home EV charging – Installation of batteries in residential and commercial properties.
Specific solar panels offered
- As an authorized dealer of Panasonic HIT panels, these are the main panels that CAM solar offer. For Texas customers, Cam Solar offers Mission solar panels, and in Colorado, they also offer Hanwha Q Cells.
- As for batteries, they use a Tesla PowerWall or Enphase Encharge.
- Tesla Powerwall support – They have trained professionals who specialise in supporting Tesla PowerWalls.
- Cam Solar focuses its attention on Texas and Colorado. They have service sites in:
- San Antonio
- Rio Grande Valley
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
Cam Solar Costs
Reviews state that their panels and installation costs are reasonably priced. Their solar panels come with a 25-year warranty, while their inverters have a 15-year warranty, too. They boast that their systems will last for decades, which seems to be confirmed by positive customer reviews.
Cam Solar also supports customers if they wish to go down the solar rebate route. Utility companies across Texas and Colorado, such as AEP Texas and CPS, have incentive and rebate programmes. These help homeowners with any upfront costs that they may find daunting and provide further incentives for solar installation.
|ℹ️The federal government will also reduce your tax bill by 26% across 2022-2023.
Cam Solar Legitimacy
Cam Solar is a highly credible company, with decades of experience under its belt.
Cam Solar is properly licensed and insured, it also has BBB accreditation. This signifies that they have to make effort to resolve any complaints, be responsive, and safeguard all privacy.
Cam Solar also points out that their company is veteran owned and operated, stating that it gives them an understanding of why care is so important.
Their company also boasts a 4.9-star rating across various databases, with over 200 5-star reviews.
Cam Solar Maintenance
The company states that they not only install the solar panel system, but also take care of everything from design to maintenance. Reviews from customers express that Cam Solar, for the most part, are helpful and responsive.
However, there are some complaints which do say that Cam Solar did not respond to emails and took quite a lot of time to repair systems or resolve any issues.
Cam Solar offers its own warranty, which includes:
- 10-year workmanship warranty
- 15-year inverter manufacturer warranty
- 25-year solar panel manufacturer warranty
They also back every system with a 20-year true-up, this service means that they will check your solar panel production to ensure it provides your property with adequate renewable energy.
The Cam Solar view
To summarize, Cam Solar, with its excellent ratings and extensive experience, does seem to offer a fantastic service. With its cost being reasonable, service being professional, and extra help with rebates, they are definitely worth contacting for a new solar system.