Astrawatt Solar Overview
Astrawatt Solar is a solar energy installer headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, with offices located in Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma. Operating since 2016, the company’s solar services has been recognized by several organizations such as Solar Power World, Inc. 500, BestCompany and Momentum. They are partnered with reputable companies such as Tesla and REC.
Astrawatt Solar specializes in serving commercial and residential clients. They handle both high-cost and low-cost projects and offer services such as solar design, solar installation, backup battery systems and energy auditing.
Astrawatt Solar Services and Specifics
Astrawatt Solar offices are located in the following areas;
- Kansas City, Missouri
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City Metro, Kansas
- Wichita, Kansas
- Houston, Texas
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The company provides the following services;
- Residential Solar Services: Astrawatt offers residential solar installations and maintenance for homes. Astrawatt offers both rooftop mount and ground mount residential solar installations.
- Commercial Solar Solutions: Astrawatt also provides solar energy solutions for business organizations and property owners.
- Battery Backup & Storage: For customers who wish to go off the grid, Astrswatt also provides standalone solar systems that are powered by backup batteries.
- Energy Auditing: Astrawatt offers free energy auditing and consultations to potential clients/customers on both residential and commercial solar services which range from electric solar PV systems to battery backup, EV charging stations, generators,.
Astrawatt Solar services have received overwhelmingly positive reviews from their clients.
In the positive reviews, customers commended the company particularly for their;
- Sound communication
Solar Panels and Services offered by Astrawatt Solar
Astrawatt Solar is partnered and certified to install REC solar panels and Enphase microinverters. These are Astrawatt Solar’s preferred solar manufacturers for both residential and commercial installations.
Specific Solar Panels Offered
REC solar panels come in various specifications to satisfy a wide range of solar designs. The following are REC solar panels offered by Astrawatt and their specifications;
REC Alpha Pure & Pure-R (410-430 Wp):
- Heterojunction (HJT) cell technology – delivers around 16% more power on your roof compared to conventional panels. No LID (Light Induced Degradation).
- Gapless cell layout – boosts power density to impressive 223 watts/m², with panel power reaching 430 Wp
- Pioneering panel designs – elegant full-black design
- Super-strong frame – allows extreme loads up to 7000 Pa
- Lead free – lead removed from all panel components, including cell connections, cross connectors and junction box soldering
REC N-Peak 2 (360-375 Wp)
- n-type Mono-crystalline half-cut cell technology – with up to 375 Wp in a 60-cell panel, the REC N-Peak 2 Series uses crystalline cell technology to capture sunlight and produce power.
- ‘Twin’ cell layout design – where the panel is split into two twin sections, also enabling continued energy production, even when partially shaded.
- Zero LID – The n-type technology in REC’s N-Peak 2 cells stops the combination of boron and oxygen inside the solar cells, thereby fully preventing any occurrence of LID.
- Super-Strong Frame Design – The REC N-Peak 2 Series has extra support bars across the rear of the panel, greatly boosting its strength and durability, and allowing loads of up to 7000 Pa – far exceeding the 5400 offered by conventional panels.
- Variants – REC offer a full-black variant of the N-Peak 2 Series with a black backsheet (Black), so that you can select the preferred look to give the ideal combination of high power and aesthetics.
Specific Types of Solar Offered
Astrawatt Solar offers grid-tied and off-the-grid installations. They handle the following types of solar projects;
- Residential Solar: In this service, Astrawatt Solar installs a complete solar energy kit customized to the electricity needs of a resident’s home.
- Commercial Solar: This service is designed for business organizations. It targets business owners who wish to opt for more economical energy-saving strategies to maximize profit long term.
Installation costs and process
When SolarEmpower asked Astrawatt about the cost of their services, they said their pricing structure is based on the system size, which meant the larger the system the lower the price per panel or per watt.
And when asked about the focus on quality vs cost, they said they focus on premium quality with fair pricing, highlighting that they may not be the least expensive in the area but they will also not likely be the most expensive.
The average cost of going solar in and around Missouri is estimated to be about $2.40 per watt before any solar incentive. Astrawatt’s pricing is expected to be close to this price.
There are also solar incentives available that could cut these costs to more affordable levels.
The most popular is the Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC). With this solar incentive, every solar patronizer in the US is eligible to a 26% tax credit for solar systems installed in the years 2020 to 2022, then it comes down to 22% in 2023. This means you can reduce the total cost of installing a solar system for your home or business by 26%. But remember this incentive applies to those who buy their system either by cash purchase or solar loan, and not leases.
There are still other solar incentives available to benefit from in Missouri, Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma. They could further cut the cost of going solar with Astrawatt by more than 50%.
Astrawatt Solar offers the following financing options;
- Loan – You can apply for a loan through your local bank or credit union or explore Astrawatt Solar’s loan options, allowing you to finance your solar system even if you cannot purchase it outright. Clients can also utilize tax credits and rebates for a cheaper payment.
- Cash – With Astrawatt Solar, you can pay off your solar system with cash upfront. Tax credits and rebates can lower the price.
- Astrawatt Solar is registered and licensed to operate in Missouri, Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma.
- The company’s solar engineers are NABCEP-certified.
- Astrawatt Solar is BBB accredited.
- Astrawatt Solar is a certified installer for the Tesla Powerwall solar battery system.
- The company is also registered and certified by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
- The company’s contact details are publicly available on their website. These include their street addresses, email and phone number.
Based on these findings, we are confident to say Astrawatt Solar is a fully registered and legitimate company.
Astrawatt Solar provides after sales support and the company offers the following warranties;
- 20-year product warranty
- 25-year inverter warranty
- 10-year Tesla PowerWall warranty
The duration of each warranty varies with the solar manufacturer.
Customers have expressed much satisfaction with Astrawatt Solar’s maintenance team for their availability and timeliness.
Like the maintenance service, Astrawatt Solar’s customer service has received very positive reviews with most customers commending its responsiveness and helpfulness.
The SolarEmpower View
Astrawatt Solar is a solar energy solutions provider headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, with offices located in Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma.
Based on our extensive research, we are happy to say that Astrawatt Solar has exceeded all our expectations of a solar company. With just over 5 years of experience, the company has shown exceptional growth in all aspects of its services. We sent an enquiry mail to their contact support and we were impressed with the response, they were very polite and detailed about their work in their answers. They also have a 100% customer review rating across all platforms as at the time of writing this review, which shows a high level of commitment to customer service.
We highly recommend Astrawatt Solar for any solar project in Missouri, Kansas, Texas or Oklahoma.
The table below is a summarized review of Astrawatt Solar:
|Headquarters at Kansas City, Missouri. Offices also in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma.
|Residential Solar Services, Commercial Solar Solutions, Backup Battery & Storage, Energy Auditing
|Solar brands used
|REC, Enphase, Tesla
N.B. May vary with solar manufacturer
|Cost (Expected, not confirmed)
|$2.40 per watt (before solar incentives)
|Fully registered and licensed, Secured website, NABCEP-certified engineers, BBB accredited, Tesla PowerWall certified, OSHA registered, contact details publicly available.