Affordable Solar Overview
Affordable Solar is a small business new to the solar industry but passionate about helping its customers get solar. Affordable Solar has partnered with the best in the industry to bring Central Texans a premium service experience in San Marcus, Texas.
Affordable Solar focuses on customer satisfaction and tries to build long-term relationships with customers. Affordable Solar has not received customer reviews on the website or on alternative solar energy websites.
Affordable Solar services and features
Affordable Solar Products
Solar energy is the sun’s energy that Affordable Solar uses to power customers’ appliances, lights, and devices using the photovoltaic effect. The company provides residential and commercial solar installations. There are two types of solar panels:
- Silicon solar panel: the most common type of panel and is processed into monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels. Silicon is one of the most prominent materials used to create solar cells and exists in monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and amorphous solar cell forms.
- Thin-film panels: this is the cheaper panel option and is considered the more experimental solar panel type.
The inverters take DC power from solar panels and invert it to standard residential or commercial AC power. The inverter controls and monitors the power coming from the solar panels. Different types of inverters:
- String Inverter: centralized AC to DC inversion. This functions as a base station for all the panels. The system is only able to provide level monitoring and cannot determine individual panel production or shading, resulting in the possibility of decreased production.
- String Inverter with Optimizers: Each panel in the array has a power optimizer, which gives the string inverter “panel level” monitoring. The system optimizes each panel for maximum output, ensuring that no production is lost across the entire array even if one or more panels are shaded.
- Microinverters: each panel has a microinverter attached, and the panel converts DC to AC which optimizes and works well in places where panels have decreased production, allowing for maximum output of each panel and panel and system level monitoring.
Grid-Tied solar power requires no batteries. The electricity goes directly into the power grid of your electric company. So when you use electricity, it will be from the Grid. Grid-Tied solar panels cannot provide power during a power outage as the system disconnects to prevent damage.
Off Grid Solar
Off Grid solar relies on battery use and storage, so you are not dependent on a utility company. The solar energy is stored in batteries and charged by the solar array. This system needs to be designed and engineered correctly to ensure there is power on hot and cold days.
Hybrid Solar System
The system is grid-tied but also has batteries for energy storage and a controller to disconnect from the utility company as well as the Grid during power outages. Generators can be added to the system as a backup power supply when the solar power is not enough and the Grid is down. Battery systems also help provide backup power during an outage, and the solar panels can still power the house while charging the batteries.
Affordable Solar Costs
Affordable Solar works with several banks and financial institutions specializing in solar financing (unsecured loans) to assist customers in getting the best interest rate and fees. The monthly payment is similar to the cost of the electrical bill. However, there are significant origination fees associated with a low-interest solar loan.
Affordable Solar have gathered various reviews across different databases, many of which attest to the affordability of the company’s services.
Affordable Solar Legitimacy
The company is not BBB accredited.
Affordable Solar is a highly legitimate company with the following accreditations:
- SIC Code: 16,162
- NAICS Code: 23713,23
Affordable Solar is transparent about its contact details, providing its location and email address on the website.
Affordable Solar Maintenance
Solar system panels often require little to no servicing because they are designed to last approximately 25 years, so there should not be any recurring maintenance cost.
However, even where customers have needed maintenance, reviewers claim this has been carried out accordingly. Affordable Solar had no issue with carrying out repairs or maintenance, which is always a good sign.
The SolarEmpower View
Overall, Affordable Solar appears to provide good quality products. Furthermore, despite the fact that the company has not received many customer reviews, they have excellent accreditations, which contributes to the company’s legitimacy.
Address: 415 N Guadalupe St San Marcos, TX, 78666-5719 United States