A1A Solar Contracting Overview
A1A Solar Contracting is a medium-sized solar installer and designer headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, serving residences and commercial establishments. It is also a retailer and installer of solar battery systems for energy storage solutions.
Recently, the company’s service area has expanded into southern Georgia.
The company is a veteran and family-owned business founded in 2010 by Pete Wilking, the company’s president.
In northern Florida, A1A Solar has installed over 800 residential and 15 commercial solar power systems. It has about 22 employees.
So far, A1A Solar has installed over 22 MW of solar PV and over 3,000 kWh battery backup. It installed 782 Kw in 2021, having installed 19,011 kW since its founding.
A1A Solar Contracting Services and Products
A1A Solar Contracting is a turnkey solar company, and the main benefit is that it manages every aspect of any solar PV project it undertakes. All installation is done in-house and is not outsourced to third parties.
The company provides solar installation, as well as solar repair and maintenance.
A1A Solar Contracting services include providing grid-tied solar systems for residences and commercial entities. Under off-grid services, it serves residences and also offers hybrid solar systems for residential customers.
In addition, the company also installs and sells batteries and energy storage solutions.
- Solar panels : A1A Solar Contracting offers solar panels from several major manufacturers, including Jinko Solar and LG Solar. The company is an official SunPower dealer, providing its customers with higher-rated panels and SunPower’s integrated 25-year warranty.
- Inverters: The company retails and installs inverters manufactured by SolarEdge Technologies.
- Batteries and storage: A1A Solar’s main product for energy storage is the Sonnen Batterie. Also, the company offers Tesla Powerwall, a residential battery with the highest standard on the market.
Installation cost and process
Customer reviews have indicated that the company’s prices are highly competitive and it maintains the prices that are quoted. Customers found the company’s service value for money and excellent installation quality.
A1A does not directly offer financing but provides financing options for its residential and commercial customers through partnerships with financing institutions, including Sunlight Financial, Green Sky Credit, Mosaic, and Service Finance Company.
- A1A Solar Contractors is certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
- The company has been a Florida state-licensed Solar Contractor since 2010.
- The company was named Florida Veteran-Owned Business of the Year in 2016 by Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- The company was voted Best Places to Work in Jacksonville in 2016.
The legitimacy of A1A Solar Contracting
A1A Solar Contracting is a legitimate company
- It holds NABCEP certification.
- It has been a Florida state-licensed contractor since 2010, holding electrical, solar, and general contractor licenses.
- A1A Solar Contracting has been named Green Business of the Year in Nassau County two times.
- In 2021, the company was nationally ranked #364 in the residential category in Solar Power World’s national “2022 Top Solar Contractors”.
- The company is open about its operations and displays its address, contact number, and email on its website.
Based on the analysis of customer reviews, A1A Solar Contracting is a good company and provides services as promised.
Company reviews indicate that the company’s work is timely and as scheduled. The company is easy to contact for any follow-up requirement and is prompt in its service. A1A Solar provides Solar Insure Warranty, which offers customers up to 30 years of warranty protection on selected brands. As a SunPower solar panel dealer, it offers SunPower’s integrated 25-year warranty. Details of warranty on labor were not available.
Feedback from Reviews
The company is considered to be a good company with a rating of 4.7/5.
The customer reviews breakdown is as under:
|Activity||Rating out of 5|
|Price as quoted||4.8|
|Quality of work||4.8|
According to the reviews, the company was very knowledgeable, open, and professional in its dealings. Communication throughout the installation process was great and informative.
Customers highly appreciated the quality of the installation work by the crew and also found its pricing competitive and value for money.
The reviews appreciated that all services were provided by A1A Solar, and nothing was outsourced.
Regarding warranty, customers were satisfied with the long warranty offered on products.
A1A Solar Contracting View
A1A Solar Contracting is a medium-sized solar installer in Jacksonville, Florida, with a good reputation over the last 11 years. It offers turnkey services, does not outsource work, and its team is qualified and licensed.
According to reviews, the company provides excellent service and is professional. Follow-up service is also excellent.
The company is rated on parameters as below:
|Quality of work||8/10|
|Support and customer service||8/10|
Address: 10418 New Berlin Rd #223, Jacksonville, FL 32226, US
Telephone: +1 904-468-7861
Email: [email protected]