4th Day Energy Overview
4th Day Energy is a small solar installation company headquartered in Purvis, California. The company has been active in solar installation since 1999.
The company is a solar electric system installer, designer, and maintenance provider of solar PV (photovoltaic) systems. It is a licensed PV installer and operates in Central California.
It has nearly three decades in the business. Duan Deister, the president since 2007, founded the company. He has about three decades of experience in solar system design and installations. Prior to founding 4th Day Energy, he co-founded and operated SunStar Energy.
Estimates suggest that the company’s current annual revenues were just over $210,000. It has approximately six employees.
4th Day Energy Services and Specifics
4th Day Energy specializes in the installation of residential systems, as well as ground mounts, commercial rooftops, and carports.
The company provides grid-tied residential and commercial solar installations. Rooftop installations are ideal in California due to the abundance of the sun during the day. It uses state-of-the-art PV for solar energy production.
4th Day Energy also conducts energy audits and offers residential hybrid solar systems, a combination of on-grid and off-grid solar systems.
The company is also a solar energy equipment supplier in Clovis, California.
Reviews indicate that the company uses solar panels provided by SolarEdge, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, and Hanwha Solar One.
- SolarEdge panels offer a 12-year product warranty and a 25-year performance warranty.
- REC Solar panels offer a 25-year comprehensive warranty.
- Canadian Solar panels include monocrystalline and polycrystalline photovoltaic modules, providing a 25-year performance guarantee and a 10-year workmanship warranty.
- Hanwha Solar One solar panels also offer monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels. These panels have a 25- year performance warranty and a 12-year limited product warranty.
- Mission Solar panels are suited for installations for residences and premises and offer a 12-year warranty on modules.
Inverters and batteries
The company uses SMA inverters in its installations. The choice of string inverter or central inverter will depend on the module types. The company also uses Enphase microinverters and batteries.
LG Chem batteries usually come with a warranty of 10 years.
4th Day Energy also installs the Outback Power System for power conversion and energy storage solutions.
Installation cost and process
The company’s average cost of installation is $15,419. An analysis of customer reviews suggests that the company’s installation price is competitive and is maintained as quoted, with a rating of 5/5. The reviews also found that the quality of installation by the company is good and is value for money.
4th Day Energy Legitimacy
4th Day Energy is a legitimate company.
- It is certified as A+ by the BBB (Better Business Bureau),
- It is accredited by CALSEIA (California Solar Energy Industries Association,
- 4th Day Energy holds Contractor State License Board (CSLB) license number #649702 issued by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, and
- The company is open about its operations and displays its address and contact number on its website. The company email is unavailable, but it can be contacted through a form on its site.
An analysis of customer reviews indicates that 4th Day Energy is a good company for solar installation providing good products and quality work.
Customer reviews indicate that the company’s work is timely and as scheduled. Overall, the reviews have found the installation process to be good.
However, the company received mixed reviews on its after-sales support, with some reviews suggesting a lack of promptness in follow-up action and complaints.
There is no information on the service warranty provided by the company, and the warranty is as applicable to the products installed.
Feedback from reviews
After analyzing customer reviews, we would consider the company as good and rate it 4.6/5.
The breakdown of customer reviews is:
|Maintenance of price
|Quality of Work
|Value for money
According to the reviews, the team is knowledgeable, friendly, and explains procedures well.
The reviews appreciated the diligence of the team and hands-on attitude. Customers appreciated their timeliness in task completion.
Prices were maintained as quoted (5/5) and were found to be competitive.
The reviews reveal that the company is value for money.
The company is considered capable of solar design and has an excellent installation crew. Being a small company, everyone contributes as a team effort.
However, 4th Day Solar received mixed reviews on customer services after sales support. It was rated 4.3/5 by the reviews, resulting in a lower overall score.
The SolarEmpower View
4th Day Energy is a reputed company in Central California. The company is small but provides personalized service and uses good products in its installations.
Its prices are competitive, and it provides value for money.
The company is rated on the following parameters:
|Quality of work
|Support and customer service
Address: 1085, Cole Ave., Ste A, Clovis, CA 93612, US
Phone: 5593659659, 877-484-3291